Chapter 27: Breakthrough

"You can come in easily, but you can't leave this place with ease!" boomed a loud voice, followed by a laugh.

"It's a decoy! The demon set us in!" said Rhen.

"We must get out of here immediately!" said Elini. The sand had reached to their waist and they were coming in faster and faster.

"I got an idea. Sword singer, can you buy me some time by removing the sand around me?"

 "I'll try," she poised herself with the sword ready. "Wind Rhapsody!"

She twirled and spun around with the rhythm of the sword and formed a tornado as a barrier to repel the sand away from engulfing them.

"Good, this is enough," Elini chanted and summon a couple of wyverns. "Quick! Get on to the wyvern!"

As instructed, Rhen stopped spinning and climbing onto the creature before the sand buried them alive.

~~~

"Shield Extora!"

"Therma Storm!"

"Healeo Extora!"

"Annihilation!"

"Holy Bless!"

The skeleton warrior came charging non-stop, and the spell casters were busy countering their attack without a break.

"This...is...tiring! When is this... coming...to and end?!" panted Lars, deflecting a sword and blasted the skeleton warrior into ashes with his fireball.

"I...don't...know. We have to...find...a way to escape!" dodging a spear, Dameon whacked the undead into pieces with his staff.

"Fools! It's pointless to resist!" boomed a voice. "Surrender now, and join me!"

"No! I'll never give up!" yelled Lars. He slammed his staff hard onto the ground, "Majora Koruptison!"

The ground shook, and the undeads fell down as the ground mouthed wide open. The duo lost their balance and fell down as well but they were floating in mid-air shortly after Dameon casted a magical barrier surrounding themselves as if he had expected that would happen.

"Let's get out of here," said the priest. Lars nodded and faced the wooden door where they came in from, "Fyre Blast!"

~~~

"Now what should we do?" asked Rhen.

"Find an escape route," replied Elini as-a-matter-of-fact, who climbed onto the other wyvern earlier than Rhen. "Maybe we can make ourselves a path."

"Great idea," they steered towards a corner and ordered the wyverns to blow up the wall. As instructed, the creatures flapped their wings. Upon the big impact of the wind, the wall cracked and collapsed, revealing a strange bright light that engulfed them shortly afterward.

~~~

Instead of going back the staircase where they came from, the spell casters found themselves at a long corridor that looked like the one where they came across before. The only difference was that the torches were blazing blue flame. Still being inside the magic barrier, they floated along the corridor. The flame on the torches extinguished themselves they floated past them. At the other end of the corridor shone a bright light. They shielded their eyes as if the light could blind them upon staring at it.

"Where's that coming from?" asked Lars, breaking the silence as they have not been talking since coming out of the room with skeleton warriors.

"I don't know," the priest shook his head. "But it seems the only way out."