Chapter 6: The Trial

Miles away, in Ahriman's Lair. The dark daeva sitting on his throne, awaiting an answer from his "servant". Hoping the priestess had suffered for good. Then, someone knelt before him and pulled him back to reality.

"What news has you, sun priest?" Asked Ahriman, waiting for an answer to please him.

"None good, sire. The slave trader captured the wrong woman, a girl actually." Dameon spoke softly gradually till it came to whisper. "He paid clearly for his mistake, I made sure of that."

"And why would the fool make such a mistake?" Spoke the dark daeva impatiently.

"The priestess gave her guardian ring to a girl. A priestess never removes her guardian ring, not for anything." Damien replied, without the guts to look at his master's expression. "We could not have guessed that this would happen."

"Interesting. Why would a priestess do such a thing?"

"I don't know sire. But I do think it's ironic that the woman would give her most valued possession to a peasant" Dameon stopped a while, thinking for solution. "Should I send assassins to dispose of the girl?"

"Don't you dare tell me to waste resources on a girl of no importance! Find the priestess and kill her! No more mistakes!" Ahriman roared, face became reddened.

Dameon bit his lip. After a while, Agas approached them and bowed before Ahriman.

"Sire, the demon portal has been opened, the daevas are arriving as we speak." Reported Agas.

"Excellent. Has Indra passed through the portal yet?"

Agas was about to answer as a soft, hissing voice interrupted.

"I'm here, Sire." Spoke Indra. She wore a sky-blue silk-made gown, pale-blue hair stood until her waist, crimson-red eyes shone in contrast with her pale-blue face. She slipped past Agas, kissed Dameon's hand and that made him twitched, and greeted the dark daeva.

"It feels good to be on the other side. So much destruction to spread in so little time. What need have you of me?"

"Who's this girl the sun priest speaks of? Can you read her part in the apocalypse?" Ahriman asked.

"Who is this girl you speak of sun priest? What more can you give me?" Indra asked with her hissing accent.

"Her name is Rhen. A slave trader gave me a lock of her hair. Will this help your reading?" Dameon spoke as he handed Indra the lock of Rhen's hair. She sniffed and examined it. After a while her eye opened widely and hissed and cursing in a different language, as if she'd been under a curse.

"What do you see, demon?" Ahriman asked as his curiosity took hold of him.

"She'll destroy you." Indra said with a devilish grim.

"Then she dies" Said Ahriman sarcastically. Dameon grunted and Agas rolled his eyes, but Ahriman ignored them.

"But if you destroy her, so shall we also be destroyed." Continued Indra.

"No more riddles, demon! How do we survive?"

"The sun priest is the key. He must turn her to our ways, she must become one of us."

"So be it." Ahriman nodded.

After the conversation closed, a few daevas came out from the demon portal.

"We have all arrived, Sire." One of the daevas spoke.

"Excellent. Now that you're all here, it's time for you to destroy the Isle." Said Ahriman.