Chapter 3: Kidnapped

~~~

Somewhere far away from Rhen's house, from Clearwater, from the West Isle...

Ahriman is sitting on the throne, filled with hanger and hatred. He wore a dark leather cloak, the hood hid his demonic face.

"AGAS! WHERE ARE YOU?!" he roared.

"I'm here, sire. What can I help you, sir?" Agas ran across the hallway and kneeled down on his knee in respect to his master.

"I wanted to ask you...Where is the priestess daeva?"

"She's dead, Sire"

"You lie! I see her in my dreams."

"But sire, I st-struck her down!"

"FOOL!" the roar echoed throughout the castle and it made the general overwhelmed with fear and goosebumps. 

"But perhaps it's for the best. I've changed my mind. I would prefer her to live." His voice subsided to a low rumble like a hungry beast.

"I don't...understand, sire." Agas stammered.

"Death is but a swift escape. I want the priestess to suffer. A slave suffers a lifetime." Ahriman let out a wide wicked smile.

"So you shall have her enslaved, sire? But how?" Agas looked at him curiously.

"I have a new servant who wishes to become a daeva, he knows the land where the priestess had fled to."

"He wishes to be one of us, Sire? He must be dark, indeed."

"What a dumb fool you are..." thought Ahriman while looking at him. After a while, he roared in a commanding voice.

"Dameon, show yourself!"

At the same moment, a man walked out. He wore a beautiful, snow-white robe with a sun engraved on its back. The man bowed to his master and turned his face to Agas.

"It's a sun priest!" Agas hissed.

"Better. Sun druid. A sun guardian." Said Ahriman proudly.

"Better? How can this be better? Aren't you afraid that he will destroy us?" Agas argued.

"The sun god has betrayed me, I work for him now." Dameon bowed to Ahriman again. "I know a slave trader who will find the priestess a harsh master. My mother will get what she deserves!" he continued.

Agas grunted and growled under his breath. Ahriman laughed.

~~~~~

It's the spring festival in Clearwater. After she got out of bed, Rhen dressed and prepared herself to start this festive day. When she was on the way to the front porch of the house, she noticed the priestess was standing in the living room, as if waiting for her.

"Hello ma'am. How are you feeling today?" Rhen smiled brightly.

"Good morning, Chosen One."

"Er, whatever." Rhen rolled her eyes. "This woman is obviously a nutter." she thought.

"So, daddy says he knows you." Rhen tried to be friendly to her as much as possible.

"Your father...Yes, we know each other from a long time ago."

The priestess asked for her hand: "Child, I have something for you. Take this, it will offer you protection." And she gave Rhen her priestess ring. Rhen received the ring unwillingly.

"Please child, keep the ring on at all times. This is very important." The priestess pleaded her. So, Rhen followed her "request" and put the ring on.