Chapter 5: Enrollment

It was weekend morning and Rhen woke up late, but she wasn't being shouted at by Miss Rona, which seemed unusual, Rhen thought. After brushing her teeth and readied herself , she put on her slave cloth and headed downstairs to seek Miss Rona's permission on giving her a day off.

"Mistress, can I have a break for one day? Since it's Sunday, maybe I can going out and have some fresh air ---" Rhen almost finished her request but her mistress looked at her sternly.

"Of course not, you sloth!" She said as her face reddened. She stood at the flight of stairs and called: "Lars! Are you there? You better hurry up pack your things! They're coming at any moment now!" But no reply came.

"Where could he have been at this very moment?" mumbled Miss Rona as she went upstairs.

After a while, Miss Rona rushed downstairs, her face turned pale white, and said: "Oh dear, oh dear! Where is Lars?! The emissaries will be here at any minutes!" She yelled at Rhen who was staring at her expressionless.

"Don't just stand there, go and get my son. You lazy worthless slave!"

"Yes, Mistress." Rhen replied and sighed in a soft voice before she went out.

~~~~~

"Where is that idiot? The envoys are about to pick him up soon and now he's nowhere to be seen. Ugh!" Rhen talked to herself as she was on the way to the city marketplace, looking for Lars. Suddenly, there was a scream followed by a sound from a corner of a shop.

SMACK!

"Ahh! Ahh!"

"What the heck?" Rhen thought. She ran to the source of the sound and she noticed Lars was doing some willy-maggly-magik-thinggy to one of the slave. The slave boy saw Rhen, standing behind the big bully.

"Rhen! Help me, Rhen!" Eddie the slave boy yelled.

"What do you think you're doing to that poor slave boy, Lars?" Anger flowed over Rhen.

"Ha! And who's going to stop me? You?!" Lars shoved Rhen, laughed at her and turned back to bully Eddie.

"Stop! Stop bullying me! Please..." Eddie's eyes were swollen and Rhen noticed his face was soaked with running tears.

"How dare him?! He should learn a lesson for that!" Rhen thought, anger and hatred bubbling up in her. She picked up a stick which was lying on the ground and crawled to her feet. With all her might, she unleashed and thrusted the stick at Lars.

Out of expectation, a bolt of lightning emitted from Rhen.

ZHRAZZM!

Lars was surprised what Rhen did.

"Ouch!" That's all what he could blurt out. "How?"

"I don't know..." Rhen said in a weak voice. "Am I doing this? What happened just now?" She thought, who was also shocked.

"You're going to pay for that, you brat!" Lars yelled at her. Rhen dropped the stick, bewildered. Eddie ran away, back to his master's house, yelling all the way home.

Rhen gulped. "This is bad..." She thought.

~~~~~

Two strangers walked into the city of Ghalarah. Ghelda (who wore a green mage robe, blond hair) was trying to look for a student here. She was accompanied by his colleague, Lorad. He had a red wielder robe on, a long sabre-like sword strapped to his waist, looking around the city.

"Are you sure this is the place?" Lorad asked his colleague.

"Yes, I'm sure of that" Ghelda replied.