Chapter 9: Aveyond

"Now how can we go to Aveyond with all these snow all over the place? It's as thick as yak's fur," mused Rhen as they headed out the entrance of the town.

"Wait a second, when did you became leader of this team?" snorted Lars.

"Since I got the prophecy. As the Exalted One, I'm the rightful one to lead the team,"

"Hmph! If you were coming as a slave, I shouldn't have ended up accompanying with you in the first place," Lars grunted.

"Then why did you offered to accompany me in the palace of Veldarah?"

"Because I said that I wouldn't let all this work and glory to be done by a slave, Peta!"

"Now cut it out you two! We shouldn't quarrel over this little kiddy problem. The evil is drawing near, and we should have save the druids and escort them to the Sun Temple in Aveyond," spoke Talia calmly. "Save your energy, keep warm."

"Sorry, Talia. C'mon guys, lets move on," Rhen apologised, taking the lead.

"Yeah sorry, Talia," mumbled Lars. "I'll not let this slave Apprentice take all the glory."

"Huh, what did you say?" asked Rhen, glaring at him.

"Nothing. Simply nothing," said Lars with his innocent look.

"Maybe the man sitting on the mule cart can help us," suggested Talia as she pointed to a mule cart not far from them.

So their journey continued on a mule express that is heading to Sun Temple for handsome price.

~~~

It was spring in the Western Empire. Armaiti, who was also known as the druid of agriculture, was enjoying the beauty of nature in Highland. Out of a sudden, a cracky, raspy voice interrupted his thought, and he hate that when someone did that.

"Ah, Guardian of Agriculture. At last, I've found thou."

Before he had time to answer, Armaiti found that he couldn't move a single bone as if he was petrified.

In the end, a skeleton warrior with a broken gladius at one hand and an old scrap matal shield at the other, walked away with a sinister grin on its face, leaving the statue of the druid with a frown on his face.

~~~

"Wow! What a magnificent artwork!" Rhen gasped, enthralled by the Sun Temple.

"It has been built for a hundred years," added Talia. "And I've never been here since I become a guardian."

Lars standing beside the girls, kicking dirt on the grass, leaving them admiring the grandeur of the temple.

An old woman was standing by the entrance as they headed into the temple. Rhen saw the familiar fabric robe that the elderly woman wore just when she was at the Veldarah Castle.

"It's the Oracle!" gasped Rhen.

"You have come," spoke the Oracle with a melodious tone, welcoming them with an elderly smile on her face. Then she laid her eyes at Talia.

"Dreamer Talia, how was your journey?"

"Uneventful, thank the gods," sighed Talia

"What's the quest again?" asked Lars suddenly, though he knew the answer.

"You must bring all the druids here. When all of the druids have been brought here, the door to a room of great importance will open," said the oracle as she pointed to a sealed door behind them.

"What's behind this door?" asked Lars.

"An artifact of great importance. The Sword of Shadows."