Chapter 22: Wrath of Snow

The party bought a vessel in Sedona so they could travel around the world with ease. They dropped by the Sun Temple to ask for guidance.

"Fairies? I heard that they lived in a cavern south of here," said Talia. "They guard the Time Temple, where Vata lives."

Rhen remembered her conversation between Tailor and her when she saw Devin. So she said, "So, uh sir... Why don't you go back to Thais, now that you know it still exists? I have er... heard that it's in need of a ruler."

"I have almost forgotten!" exclaimed the priestess. "Devin, this is your daughter. Tailor has named her Rhen."

"My daughter?" Devin couldn't believe his eyes. He took a brief look at his own daughter. "So she's alive... We just might win."

"You're not a mushy one are you?" snapped Rhen.

He laughed. "No, What would you say to your long lost daughter that you thought was dead? A daughter you had never met."

"Good point. You have to go back to Thais because I don't want to be the queen of anything!"

"We shall see," he chuckled. "You look like your mother. She was an amazing sword master, as Talia tells me you are."

Rhen looked away to hide her blush. She imagined how her mother defeated Ahriman decades ago. Now it was her turn to avenge her mother and defeat Ahriman once and for all. She snapped out of her thought when her true father cleared his throat.

"As you're the princess heir, you should also think about returning to Thais... Talia tells me that the citizens of Thais believe that when the daughter of Alicia Pendragon comes home, peace will once again reign in.

"You seen to be part of a minor prophecy, my daughter."

"We shall see..." Rhen rolled her eyes.

~~~

On the way to the cavern, incidents happened.

Te'ijal couldn't wait longer. She took out her soul pendant and "accidentally" touched Galahad. His sould was enslaved into the pendant.

"Argh!" he cursed. "Creature of the night! What evil have you done to me?!"

"Don't worry, foolish paladin, I just borrowed your soul for eternity," said Te'ijal sarcastically.

"You lie! Repent your evil ways and let me stake you!" he lunged for her but Rhen and Lars held his arms.

"You look so tasty when you're angry, my succulent chopstick!" she purred. "We're tied together now. You must follow me whenever my heart desires," she flicked her fingers suddenly. "Oh wait! I don't have a heart!"

The vampress cackled. The party members quietly stepped away from the mad woman. Oh well, at least everyone else was safe from the pendant's evil now!

~~~

Just as Talia said, they were fairies flying around the temple. Few of them were on the ground, mending the injured. A war has subsided not long ago.

"Oh my..." gasped Rhen at the sight of them. She asked a fairy who was busy healing one of the injured, "What's going on here?"

"We had a fierce battle with a demon, but he's too strong..."

"Here, let me help you," Dameon casted a minor healing spell and the injured fairy was back to normal. Its breathing returned to normal.

Lars suddenly remembered something. "Rhen, do you remember what the Mountain King told us?"

"Something about fairies not existing..." she read his mind and gasped, Lars nodded and beamed.