Chapter 12: Land's End

After changing into their new outfit, the duo immediately began their preparation for their journey to come. The sorcerer went shopping at the marketplace and looking for something useful for their quest. He even fancied himself a new orb staff to replace his old black-oak staff from a necromancer store. No one is able to buy things from the necromancer shop, only the full-leagued sorcerer can be granted access.

"What's this?" Lars asked the necromancer who owned the shop after a beautiful aqua-blue sphere caught his attention.

"It's a flood orb. It can be fused into an orb staff to enhance its power," explained the necromancer as nudging the staff that Lars held.

"I'll buy it," and so Lars paid a handsome price for his equipments.

Before heading out, his attention was caught by a dull pendant with a socket in the middle. As he came near, the shop owner halted in the nick of time before the pendant pulled him into it.

"Don't touch that, you fool! That's an empty Soul Pendant."

"What would happen if I touched it?" asked Lars, who was shocked at the necromancer's sudden booming.

"Your soul will be sucked into the pendant," the shop owner explained. "Only an undead creature can safely touch that thing in its current state."

"Oh, I see. Thanks for the warning," after that Lars went away.

"What a fool. I can't imagine what will happen if I warned him a second later," mused the necromancer.

And so Lars went to their meeting place and wait for Rhen, who was in the academy.

~~~

Meanwhile, the sword singer stayed in Shadwood Academy to retrieve some information from her headmaster.

"Can you tell me more about the swords of power?" asked Rhen.

"Swords of Power are magical swords that enable a sword singer to wield incredible amounts of power," explained Master Harald. "Each Sword of Power contains knowledge of swordmanship. When a sword singer equips a Sword of Power, this knowledge will be transmitted to the Sword Singer. But when this sword is unequipped, whatever knowledge that was transmitted will be lost.

"Swords of Power are rare, and the skills to create then was lost a millenia ago. If you find one, you can consider yourself lucky."

"Is the Sword of Shadows one of them?" asked the sword singer eagerly.

"Yes. But I heard that it was well kept in the holy place of Aveyond," nodded Master Harald.

"Thanks, Master Harald. It's about time, I should get going," spoke Rhen gratefully after she noticed that time didn't wait her long.

"Very well, good luck on your quest. You'll need it."

Thus Rhen went out and met with Lars at the city gate.

~~~

On the way to the Land's End, which had rumours circulating that a demon was staying there, the adventurers met a fancy lady.

She had a tan skin as if she had her sunbath moment ago, glamoured herself with a cotton gown, her hand gripping on tightly to a whip, glamorous accessories like earrings, bracelets and so on dangling around her. She was standing at the edge of a cliff, observing the Wildwoods Forest from above while deeply in thought. Until a voice interrupted her.

"Hello there, are you lost?" piped Rhen, who guessed she was a damsel in distress.

"Hmm?" the lady turned to her, "No I'm just waiting for someone... Are you going to the Wildwood Forest?"