1.0 - giggly australians

"so, why were you sleeping on the park bench again?" michael chuckled as he started the car.

luke groaned to himself, but decided he at least wanted somebody to know about it. "i went to a party," he said blankly, shrugging a bit.

"you? a party?" michael laughed, his voice filled with amusement. he pulled out of the park parking lot and onto to the road.

"what's so funny?" he snapped, already becoming annoyed with michael.

"nothing." michael paused for a minute, as if he were trying to find the right words to say. "you just don't seem like the partying type is all."

"are you implying that you didn't think i would go because i'm blind?" luke started to defend.

michael sighed. "no, i'm implying that i didn't think you would go because you're you."

luke decided not to respond. he really didn't feel like arguing right now, especially not with michael.

he rested the back of his head onto the head rest and thought back to last night. he was still pretty upset about the whole calum thing, and he did plan on giving him a piece of his mind when he got back to the apartment.

not that it really mattered, of course. luke couldn't stay mad at him, no matter how hard he tried.

"you okay?" michael asked, interrupting his thoughts.

it took a few second for luke to respond.

"yeah. fine," luke mumbled, facing away from michael.

he knew he didn't exactly sound convincing, but he didn't exactly care at this point. all he wanted to do was get home and sleep.

michael didn't ask about it after that, which surprised luke considering how nosey he is.

. . . . . .

twenty minute had passed by and they still hasn't arrived at the apartment. it was only supposed to a five minute drive from the park to the apartments, and luke was starting to get cranky.

"why aren't we there yet?" luke huffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"oh, yeah. we have to make a short stop. it will only take five, i swear," michael rambled as the car came to a stop.

luke mumbled profanities to himself but didn't bother trying to protest.

after about a minute of the car sitting still and the engine running, luke heard the door of the back seat open and close.

the car filled with the smell of alcohol and strong cologne.

"it took you long enough, twat!" a strong australian accent spoke.

"just be glad i picked your sorry ass up," michael mumbled.

the car started moving again and luke hadn't spoken.

"so, who's this bloke, huh?" the voice spoke once again, poking luke on the shoulder.

luke shifted away from him awkwardly, deciding to let michael speak for him.

"this is blind," michael spoke nonchalantly, making luke remember that he never did tell him his name.

"luke. my name is luke," he interjected.

"luke, huh? tough name for a fluffy guy." the guy giggled.

yes, giggled.

luke decided that he didn't like the giggly stranger with a heavy australian accent.

. . . . . .

when michael pulled into the parking lot of the apartment building, luke took no time in getting out of the car.

he had no idea where the fuck he was going, but he didn't care. he was just ready to get out of the car.

"don't you need some help getting to your apartment?" michael called to him from the opened car window.

luke waved him off without a word.

as luke made his way through the cars, he heard a footsteps trail behind him before he felt a hand on his lower back. he knew who it was, but he chose to fight the smile that threatened its way onto his lips.

"i'm room 114," he stated to michael, who was now guiding both of them.

as they walked, luke decided to be the one to break the silence.

"who was that guy?" he asked.

michael snorted as they took a left. "that's ashton. sister's boyfriend. he's a drunk that definitely doesn't deserve my sister." he huffed.

ashton. that sounded familiar.

"you have a sister?"

they stopped walking.

"yeah. evelyn." he shrugged. "we're here, by the way."

luke nodded quickly, pulling the key from his back pocket. he handed it to michael so he could unlock it.

shit.

evelyn.

ashton.

kiss.

boyfriend.

luke heard the click of the door unlocking and snapped out of his trance.

he walked into the apartment door and turned to face michael.

"thanks for the, uh, ride." he smiled awkwardly at the boy.

"don't mention it. i better get back before ashton drives off without me," he laughed quietly.

"yeah. you do that," luke said awkwardly before starting to close the door.

just as it was almost closed, michael put his hand in front of it so it would stop.

"hey, blind?"

luke opened the door again.

"yeah?"

"next time i ask you if you're okay, i expect you to be honest," he smirked before walking off, leaving luke at the door.

-

look i thought it was a spanish thing alright

i want a @parahmore to adopt me

[not edited]