0.9 - park benches

after hours of luke walking and walking (and almost getting ran over multiple times), he stumbled across a bench. he didn't know where the hell he was, but he guessed it didn't matter much.

he threw his cane down in anger before laying down on the cold, hard bench.

luke was pissed.

he was pissed at calum for ditching him, he was pissed at eva (or was it evelyn?) for kissing him, he was pissed at the world for turning on him, but most importantly, he was pissed at himself for being blind.

maybe if he weren't blind, he could have a normal life. maybe he could get laid and go to parties. maybe he wouldn't have to have calum drive him everywhere and worry about him constantly.

he started to cry.

luke never cried. but he couldn't stop the tears now. he hated himself more than ever before.

he hated the way things turned out for him. he hated those stupid sunglasses. he hated that stupid librarian who kicked him out for no reason.

his silent tears turned into sobs.

he sobbed and sobbed because he felt alone. and because no matter what, he would always be blind.

and there was nothing he could do about that.

. . . . . .

"blind?"

luke was shaken awake. his clothes were damp from the rain he had apparently slept through and his eyes were puffy from crying.

it took him a while to realize someone was waking him up till he felt a pair of hands helped support him as he sat up.

"michael?" his voice was raspy and tired from just waking up. he was still a little groggy and wasn't totally aware of what was going on.

michael laughed. "you look like shit," he stated bluntly.

luke pushed his sunglasses up on his nose dully, not bothering to answer the green-haired boy.

he reached to the ground and felt around till his finger tips brushed over the similar cold, metal cane that he always carried around. he grabbed it quickly before hoisting himself up, but immediately getting dizzy and falling forward onto michael.

michael gripped onto him so he wouldn't fall, wrapping his arms around luke carefully. michael laughed before setting him back on his feet to where he was steady.

"easy there." michael smiled.

luke smiled shyly, becoming more awake.

"not that it's my business, but what are you doing sleeping on a park bench at 10 in the morning?" michael asked curiously.

luke laughed bitterly. "long story."

"i have time."

"shut the fuck up. i hate when people say that." luke scowled.

that made michael laugh.

"fine, fine," michael defended.

the cold air was humid, making luke felt like he was a wet dog.

a long, deafening silence went by before luke cleared his throat.

"where are we?" he asked.

"that park that's right across the street from the library. why?"

"do you mind, uh, taking me home?" luke asked timidly.

michael shrugged. "sure. come on," he chirped, intertwining his fingers with luke's.

-

for all the haters out there,
suck my ass because ur no good and better than anyone else