0.1 - encounters

"luke, are you listening to me?"

"huh?"

calum brought his hands up to massage his temples, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"just because you can't see doesn't mean you can't hear," the dark-haired boy huffed.

"sorry, i didn't mean to be so blind to your feelings." luke snickered, a small smirk playing on his lips.

calum narrowed his eyes at luke, obviously not amused by his pun.

"asshole," he mumbled to himself, running his hands through his hair. luke saw this as another opportunity to make a joke.

"look, mate, i'm sorry." luke reached across the small table and felt around till his hand was on calum's shoulder. "i just want us to see eye to eye," he said with a straight face before bursting into a fit of giggles.

the librarian shot calum a warning look from the front desk. calum rolled his eyes before standing up from the chair and grabbing luke's cane.

"you're being too loud. we're leaving." he worked his way around the table. "if you weren't blind, i would totally kick your ass right now," calum mumbled (only half kidding) as he made it to where luke was and helped him out of the chair.

luke, with calum's assistance, stood up unsteadily. he grabbed the black cane from calum's hands before calum started to lead him out of the quiet library.

"you're so nice to me, cal," luke said, sarcasm obvious in his tone. instead of replying, calum placed his hand on luke's lower back to keep him balanced.

just as they started to walk, luke's body collided with another and he and the other ended up on the floor. luke's butt hurt and his cane had flew from his hands from the collision.

"watch where you're going!" calum hissed.

"i-i'm sorry." the soft voice that luke had never heard trembled slightly. "i wasn't watching where i was going."

"obviously," calum spat back quickly, venom in his voice.

luke cleared his throat, his body still resting on the floor. "calum. some help here," he mumbled, sitting up a bit.

calum immediately drew away his attention from the voice and took luke's hand. he pulled him up from the ground, along with his cane that launched a few feet away from where they fell.

luke brushed himself off briefly as he tried to regain his balance.

"i'm so sorry. i wasn't watching where i was going and i just - " the (from what luke could tell) boy's voice rambled, nervousness laced through out his words.

luke simply nodded at the direction the voice was coming from before mumbling a "let's go" to calum.

"watch where you're going next time," calum muttered before leading luke out of the library.

luke elbowed him in the side as they walked down the library steps, carefully. "you could have been nicer," luke scoffed, adjusting his sunglasses.

he thought it was sweet how protective calum was over him, but sometimes he took it too far.

calum shrugged lazily, a small smirk growin on his lips.

"you'll have to overlook me. i can be quite blind to people's feelings."

-

this ended really crappy but i promise it gets better jdfkxkdj