0.8 - party

[a/n: calum is a sophomore in college and luke doesn't go to college in this story ok just making that clear]

in luke's nineteen years of living, never had he wanted to kill himself and calum more than he did when they stepped onto the driveway of the frat house. all he could hear was the squeals of college girls as they acted like they were drunk and the yells of college guys as they played beer pong, mixed in with the loud bass coming from inside.

for once, luke was actually glad he couldn't see this.

calum grabbed luke's wrist and led him through the crowd of young adults before the blonde could turn back to the car. luke didn't try to fight him off because he knew that it was useless. he couldn't drive back.

once they made it inside, luke was cringing more than he was before they walked in. all luke could smell was alcohol, weed, and the bittersweet smell of girl's perfume.

"this is great, right?" calum yelled over the music.

just then, somebody drove into luke's shoulder making him slam into calum, almost knocking them both over.

as they both regained themselves, luke yelled over the music, "yeah, so great."

calum either heard and chose to ignore him or couldn't even hear him over the loud music and screaming because calum once again took his wrist and led him to god knows where. as they were walking, luke swore he could have heard calum mumbling about how many hot girls there were.

after pushing past a whole fucking mob of intoxicated, dancing bodies, they made it to the kitchen where things were a little less rowdy. luke propped himself against the island, which conveniently was beside a couple who were basically having sex.

"i'm gonna go dance for a little, alright?" calum yelled into his ear.

that kind of pissed luke off, considering that cal went through so much trouble to convince him to come and right when they get there, he ditches him.

luke pushed his glasses up on his nose before shrugging and turning away from calum. calum took this as an 'okay' for him to leave and dashed off into the sea of people with just a simple 'i'll find you'.

luke sighed as he fiddled with his cane.

calum had put the blonde boy's hair up in a tall quiff, something luke hadn't done since he was sixteen, which made him feel a little self conscious. calum had also switched out that horrid flannel for a plain black t-shirt and gave luke the flannel to wear. he tried to get luke to change out of his tattered skinny jeans with holes in the knees, but that's where luke put his foot down.

so to sum it all up, luke felt like an awkward, self conscious dork who would definitely not be attending another frat party.

half an hour went by, and with calum nowhere in sight (literally), luke somehow made it upstairs and into one of the rooms. it reeked of dirty socks and sex causing him to cringe.

he sat down on the bed with a sigh.

he knew that he shouldn't have came to this stupid frat party. it was dumb on luke's part and completely calum's fault. luke for thinking he could go to a college party like a normal person and calum for bringing his blind friend to a crowded party and ditching him.

suddenly, he heard the door creak open. his body stiffened immediately.

the person stormed into the room, slamming the door shut behind them. luke heard a few swears come from, what he could tell, the feminine voice. the person started pacing back and forth across the room, causing the floor boards to creak with each step.

"you okay?" he chimed, causing the girl to jump.

"jesus fucking christ! have you been here the whole time?! creep," her high pitched voice shrieked.

luke laughed at how high her voice was when she swore. she sounded no older that 15.

"what's so funny? god, you're such a perv. dick," she huffed.

"slow down there, sweets. one insult at a time." luke chuckled, ignoring the girl's bitter attitude.

the girl sighed heavily. luke felt the bed sink down next to him and just assumed that she was now sitting beside him.

"i'm sorry. boyfriend drama," she sighed once again, covering her eyes with her hands.

"bummer." he coughed awkwardly, now kind of wishing that he was back downstairs instead of stuck in a room with a bipolar bitch.

there was a long pause before the girl finally chimed in again.

"i'm evelyn," she said, her voice was a lot softer than it was before.

"luke."

. . . . . .

evelyn and luke talked nonstop for 2 hours straight as the party went on, basically telling each other their life story.

evenlyn told him about her boyfriend, ashton, and how she was mad at him because he invited his ex girlfriend to the party. and apparently, the house the frat party was hosted at was actually ashton's fraternity.

luke told her about michael and about him being blind.

"wait, so you really can't see?" she giggled, covering her mouth with her hand.

"that's what they tell me." he shrugged, running his hands through his hair out of habit, messing up his perfect quiff.

she nodded quietly. after a long silence, luke suddenly felt evelyn grab his face and attach her lips to his, hungrily.

he furrowed his eyebrows and widened his eyes before pulling away quickly.

"what's wrong?" she pouted, setting her hand on his thigh.

"i, uh... nothing. just... what time is it?" he choked out, still kind of surprised by the kiss.

his mouth felt dirty, like he needed to wash it out with soap (which he probably would do after he was finished yelling at calum).

"4 a.m." she shrugged, setting her head on luke's broad shoulder. he cringed internally before grabbing his cane and starting to get off the bed.

"i need to go. it was nice meeting you, eva," he awkwardly called back to her as he made his way to the door.

"it's evelyn!" she called back, starting to stand up. "let me drive you home!"

luke stumbled over a pile of magazines, barely catching himself. "no, no! it's totally cool. i can walk!" he smiled before closing the door behind him.

he made his was through the house, not really caring who he ran into. the only thing he cared about was getting as far away from evelyn, calum, and this whole fucking party as he could.

he finally found the front door and walked out quickly. he took a deep breath before stepping out onto the driveway, trying to remember desperately which way the apartments were.

-

ok sorry for any mistakes i will correct later

anyways what did you think omg calum is kind of being a dick

and trust me, this isn't the last you'll see of evelyn ;---)

okay anyways whatever ily