Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Bella

We were all sitting in my father office. I looked around the room wondering what's with all the worried looks on their faces. I looked a little bit to see that Liam was looking at me. "Are sure you want to know about this because your mother didn't want you to know what I do for a living," my father said as I looked back at him. "I'm sure," I said. "Ok I start with why we sent you to live your Aunt Susan and Uncle Rick," he said.

He told me everything from why he sent me off. He the boss of the mafia that's been our family business for so many years. He also told me about Cole who somehow found out about me when I was younger. He didn't want Cole to find a way to take me from him all those years ago. Cole been trying to start a war with him. The reason he doesn't want me to go to college was that Cole's son Ryan goes to the same school that Anthony and Liam goes to.  I was shocked but glad he told me all this.

"Thank you for telling me father. Is Anthony and Liam part of mafia," I asked him. "Yes, they are because Anthony is my underboss which when I do step down Anthony going to take my spot and Liam going to be his right-hand man which is called consigliere. Since Will step down as my right-hand man. You see why your mother didn't want you to know about this life," he said. "Yes, I do. I want to help out," I said. "I don't think so,", he said. "Why not father," I said to him. "Because I said so and I am your father that's why," he said. "I hate you", I yelled at him as I stood up. I turned around to leave his office as I slammed the door behind me.

I just needed to get away. I ran outside where I sat under a big oak tree. "Why did you have to take her from me," I cried out as I looked up to the sky. What the point being here if I can't help or even able to leave the house. I pull my legs to my chest then I laid my head on my knees which I closed my eyes. I want to go back to Italy because I know when I lived there I was able to go to school. "I miss you mother," I said as I started crying.

As I had my head in my knees I felt someone hand touched my shoulder. I looked up to see both Anthony and Liam looking down at me. I was trying to hide the tears by wiping them away. They both sat next to me as Anthony was on my left side and Liam on my right. I rested my head on Anthony shoulder as he took my hand. "I'm sorry I said all that Anthony. I feel like he doesn't care about me. It sucks, he wasn't there when mother died. He never home," I said as I closed my eyes since I felt more tears.

"It's ok Bella. Me and Liam are here for you," Anthony said. "Anthony right Bella we be here for you if you need us. We may not know each other much right now. Which I really hope we can change that soon. Anthony told me so much about you," Liam said as he took my other hand then brought it to his lips to give me a gentle kiss. I was trying to hide the smile on my face as he was still holding it. "Thanks, how mad was father when I left his office," I said as I looked at Anthony.

"He was upset but I told him I come talk to you. I'm going to let father know that we keep an eye on you at school. I don't want you to go back to Italy", Anthony said. "Thanks Anthony but I don't see father doing that. It's like I am a prisoner here for the rest of my life," I said as look down to see Liam is still holding my hand.  I looked up at him which he was staring right at me with those teal color eyes. He had a huge grin on his face which I bite my bottom lip because I wanted to kiss him so bad. "We see about that. Come on let's head back inside. We'll there for you Bella", Anthony said as he started to stand up.

Liam stood up which he reached his hand out for me to take it. I took his hand as I stood up which I smiled at him. All three of us started walking up to the house as Liam still holding my hand. "Let's do this" Liam said which all three of us started laughing after he said that.

When we got near the door Liam opened it for us. "Ladies first," he said. "Thank you" I said as my cheeks got a little warm. When we entered the house that when I spotted my father sitting in his chair in the living room with an angry look on his face. I guess Liam must have noticed because he let go of my hand. Which made me laugh a little. My father can be kind of scary if he must be.