Chapter 1

Bella

                                                                                                                                                          Present Day

"I can't believe I have to go back to the U.S. I don't want to live in some city in Louisiana," I said to my best friend Anna, who been my friend and next-door neighbor since I was four years old. I have been living with my Aunt Susan and Uncle Rick since I was three years old when my father sent me to live here until now. I have no idea why he sent me away in the first place.

I really enjoy living here in this small little town in Italy called Monte Isola which not as big as the city I am going back to in New Orleans, Louisiana. I wish my father wasn't making me leave the only place I call home. I am going to be so lost when I leave here. I am thinking what if the people are mean or what if I don't make any friends like Anna. Leaving my life here is going to break my heart.

"I know Bella, it's going to suck without you here", she said as she was looking up into the sky. We were laying in our favorite spot by the lake near our houses. This has always been our getaway when we got into trouble or just needed to get away.

"Have you said goodbye to Jake yet?" Anna asked me. Jake was my boyfriend for five years also I been friends with him for nine years. I really do care about him. "Yes, I talked to him and he broke up with me," I said trying not to sound to upset. "I'm sorry Bella", she said as she turned to look at me. "It's ok. We're still going to be friends which I'm ok with even though this is so hard," I said as I try to smile at her.

Suddenly, we both hear my Aunt Susan calling my name from the house. "Well I guess it time for me to go," I said. We both stood up to give each other a big hug. We were trying our best not to cry to much as I tell her, "best friends forever", and she said the same. This must be one of the hardest thing I have done in my life.

What my life going to be like without Anna by my side. We were always troublemakers when we grow up and still sometimes now. People called us the two amigos then when Jake join the group we were then called the three amigos. I laugh a little thinking about that. I'm going to miss everyone here.

She turned around to start walking towards her car when she got to her car she turned and smile at me. She said, "I will miss you" and "I will miss you too," I said. We both blow each other a kiss. She been like a sister that I away wanted. She got into her car where I see her waving at me as she drove away. I waved back at her trying to smile which was hard as feel tear in my eye.

I started walking up to the house where I see Aunt Susan standing in her driveway with her arms opened as she gave me a hug. "It be ok my sweet girl. I love you Isabella," my Aunt Susan said. "I love you too," I said trying not to cry too much.

While I was hugging my aunt, I hear my father behind us saying, "Isabella time to go." I let go of my aunt go which I see that she was smiling at me. I turned around to look at my father with mad look on my face. "Why do I have to go back? I been living here for thirteen years. You never visit me once. Why now," I said. I turned around to start running up to the house. I am so upset with my father for doing this to me.

I got closer to the house where I see the front door opened to see my twin brother Anthony was coming outside. He was about 6-foot-tall with shaggy brown and midnight blue eyes. He looked up where he sees me running towards the house that when he started walking down the stairs to me. He opened his arms as I ran right into them with tears in my eyes. He closed his arms as he said, "I missed you little sis." "I missed you big bro," I said.