26

The next morning I awoke with Derek beside me, snoring slightly. I grinned to myself and shook him a little to get him up. A groan escaped his lips until he looked up and saw me. He smiled and rubbed his eyes.

"What time is it?" He asked looking at me while I looked at the clock.

"11:00." I state looking back at him. He groaned once again but sat up.

"I should get going. Jennifer is probably worried." He said as he stood up and tugged on his jeans. I laughed as he wiggled in his jeans to get them on. He looked around for his shirt and then he looked at me and smirked.

"I need my shirt."

"Come and get it." I say as he walked over to me and started tickling me.

"Stop it!" I giggled as his hands began tickling me.

"Give me my shirt and I'll stop." He chuckled still tickling me. I laughed and put my hands up in surrender.

"Okay, okay." I say as he stops. I pull his shirt off of me and throw it to him. I wrap my sheets around me because my bare chest was exposed. He smirked as he tugged the shirt on. He walked over to me and pecked my lips.

"Goodbye, princess." He smiles as he walks out my bedroom door. I sat there with a stupid grin planted on my face.

***

After an hour or two I decided on taking a shower. I walked into my bathroom and took a nice hot shower. After that I got out and changed into my spare clothes. I blow dried my hair and put it in a messy bun. I looked into the mirror and smiled. Today, was kind of a lazy day for me because I had on black leggings and a white jumper. I walked downstairs and saw my mom in the kitchen. I planted a kiss on her cheek as she smiled.

"Just getting home?" I ask as I pour myself a glass of milk.

"Yes. Work was very.. interesting." She stated as she took a seat at the kitchen table. I joined her and drank my glass of milk.

"How so?" I ask as I scrunch my eyebrows together.

"Some man came into a room where I was checking up a patient of mine and he asked me out right in front of the patient." She said. My mother was a doctor and she loved her job with all her heart. She would never trade it for the world and I never knew why. Maybe because of how much she gets payed or she just loves treat sick people. I just never understood. I asked her a while back when I was younger and she said she just loves saving lives and helping people.

"And what did you say?" I ask as I broke out of my thoughts.

"Well.. I thought maybe it wouldn't be that bad so I said yes." She said as she looked at me.

"Why wouldn't you say yes?"

"Because of your father."

Moments of silence filled the room. I never liked talking about my father. I despised the man who left me and my mother for some cheap whore. He had everything but he had to fuck it up by running away with some girl that was half his age. I hated him with all my might. He left about 4 years ago and I never wanted to contact him. I never understood why my mother would end up with some man like that.

"Emily, I'm sorry.." She says as she reaches out for me. I shook my head as tears filled in my eyes.

"I'm sick of everybody saying sorry. Sorry doesn't solve everything." I sob.

"Honey, calm down." She says as she hugs me. I sob even harder.

"I'm sorry, mom." I say as I look at her with tears in my eyes.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, sweetie. If you don't want me dating right now then I won't."

"No, no. I want you too. I'm so happy for you. Go enjoy your fun. Don't let dad stop you or me." I state as she smiles at me.

"You sure?"

"Absolutely."

***

I walk into my room and turn on the tv. I turned on my favorite show which was American Horror Story. I always had this little crush on Evan Peters who plays Tate. God, he was so breathtaking. I laughed to myself and laid on my bed. I heard my phone go off. I looked at it and noticed it was an unknown number. I answered it and heard sobbing on the other line.

"Hello?" I say into the phone, clearly confused.

"Emily?" I heard someone sob.

"Who is this?"

"It's J-Jennifer." She stuttered as she cried out. I sat up in my bed, worried.

"Jennifer, what's wrong?" I ask into the phone.

"It's Derek." She cried even harder. I felt my heart stop. Tears beamed out of my eyes as I held the phone tighter to my ear.

"W-what happened?" I said as tears kept beaming out of my eyes.

"I was walking into his room to tell him dinner was ready and," she paused as she cried out. I bit my lip nervously as tears kept running down my pink cheeks. "he laid there on the floor.. not breathing." She cried out. I sobbed into the phone with her.

"We are at the hospital now and.. I just need you here." She sobbed.

"I'll coming." I said as I hung up the phone. Tears still running down my cheeks. I tugged on my uggs and grabbed my phone and walked downstairs to see my mother watching tv. She looked at me and noticed the tears in my eyes.

"It's Derek. I need you to drive me to the hospital." I sobbed as she stood up and tugged on her shoes. We both ran out of the house and into her car.

A/N: Cliffhanger! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Very sad I know.. I'm sorry..