20

Days passed and Derek still never showed up to school. I began to worry. I saw Jake walk past me in the hall and I walked up to him. He looked at me and noticed my presence. He gave me a half smile which I couldn't tell if it was fake or not.

"Hey." He said as he stopped walking to face me.

"Hey." I reply.

"What's up?"

"Have you seen Derek?" I asked as he gulped.

"He's not here."

"Yeah, I know that. He's been out for days. Do you know why?"

"It's not my place to tell.."

"What are you talking about?" I asked as he reached into his backpack and grabbed a sheet of paper and a pen. He wrote down something. He handed it over to me and I read it. It was an address, Derek's address. I looked up but Jake was already gone before I could even say thank you. I shrugged and ran out the school not caring what classes I miss.

***

I reached a house that was Derek's house according to the address Jake gave me. I shoved the sheet of paper in my pocket and walked up to the front door step. I knocked and waited patiently. I began to walk away until I see a little boy at the door. He had brown hair and blue eyes. By the looks of it he was probably Derek's little brother.

"Hi sweetie, is Derek home?" I asked as he nodded. He led me inside the house and led me to Derek's room. I thanked the little boy and looked at Derek's door. I could hear shouting coming from the room. I put my ear to the door trying to make out the shouting coming from his room.

"You have to tell her, man." I heard someone say.. seems like he's talking to someone on the phone.

"I can't. I left her for a reason, she needs to forget about me. I love her but I don't want to hurt her." I heard Derek say. They were talking about me..

"You are going to hurt her either way if you don't tell her so you might as well tell her." I heard someone else say. I heard Derek sigh in frustration.

I didn't want to ease drop anymore because I don't want to be rude but why were they talking about me and better yet, what are they talking about? I took a deep breath and knocked on his door. I heard him groan.

"I swear to god Jaxon if you don't fuck-" He says as he opens the door to reveal me. He looked at me in shock. He still had the phone to his ear.

"I'll call you back." He said into the phone and with that he hung up.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me.

"I was worried about you. " I replied as he snickered.

"You don't have to worry about me."

"You weren't in school for days."

"And?"

"It worried me."

"I miss school all the time, big whip."

"What's gotten into you?"

"Nothing. You shouldn't be here."

"What were you talking about on the phone?" I asked.

"You were ease dropping?"

"You were very loud."

"Well I didn't ask you to show up in my fucking house now did I?" He yelled at me as I backed away frighten. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He said as I shifted uncomfortably.

"It's okay.."

"I told you to stay away from me, Em."

"I know." I said honestly.

"Your so damn stubborn." He said as I looked down at my feet.

"Why did you break up with me, Derek?" I asked as he looked at me.

"I don't want to hurt you.."

"Hurt me from what?"

"I can't do this right now.."

"I had enough of your secrets!"

"You just need to move on."

"I will not move on! What is there to move on from?" I say with tears in my eyes.

"I'm sick!" He yelled at me with pain in his eyes.

"Sick? Then see a doctor."

"I'm dying, Em. I'm diagnosed with cancer." He says with more pain in his eyes.

"W-what?" I say as tears stream down my face like a river.

A/N: I bet you guys weren't expecting this were you? This is Derek's secret. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Really sorry it's short I just decided to at least write something for y'all so vote, read, & comment. xxx