19

Everything was over. Derek and I hopped into his car. I looked over at him as he stated at his lap not daring to start the engine.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I look over at him. He brought his head up and stared at me.

"Nothing." He gave me a small smile. I didn't believe him. I raised an eyebrow and sighed.

"There's something wrong."

He took a deep breath. "I still can't believe I brought you into this mess. Why would you want to be with someone like me? I just don't understand, Em."

I stared at him and shook my head at his awful words. I brought my hands up to his face and cupped his cheeks.

"I love you, that's all that matters. I know love is just abstract but i'm in love with you." I say to him as he looks at me biting his lip,

"Do you think we took this a little too fast?" He asked. I stared at him and pulled away,

"What are you talking about?"

"Us. We got into this relationship way too fast, don't you think?"

"What are you saying?" I ask him but he doesn't look at me.

"We are done, Emily." He spoke. I looked at him in shock.

"W-what?" My voice cracks as tears stream down my face.

"I'm sorry."

"You don't mean that." I shook my head trying to see if I'm imagining this whole thing. He still doesn't look at me to acknowledge my presence.

"I need you to be safe and you being with me isn't aside. I'm bad for you and we this relationship out of proportion. I can't have you with a guy like me."

"So what was this Derek? Kidnap me, bang me, and then run? Was that all I was to you? Just a bang and run?" My voice chocked as tears and more tears ran down my face. He doesn't look at me nor does he respond.

"Look at me, damn it!" I shout at him.

"The boys will take you home." He said

"You can't do this."

"Emily, don't make this harder than it already has to be. Just get out of the car." He spoke looking out his car window. I looked at him one last time and opened the car door.

"I thought you loved me.." Were the words that came from my mouth and with that I walked out.

Derek's POV

"We are done, Emily." I spoke. I didn't even dare to look at her. I couldn't, I caused her so much pain. I can't have Emily with a guy like me. She watched guys get murdered and she almost got raped because of me. I have to let her go..

"So what was this, Derek? Kidnap me, bang me, then run? Was that all this was to you? Just a bang and run? I heard her choke over her words. It was never like that I would never do that and the pain she felt hurt me. I chose to not say anything and continue to look away from her, I couldn't look at her.

"Look at me, damn it!" She screamed at me. By now, tears were falling from my own eyes.

"The boys will take you home." I say with tears in my eyes not looking at her.

"You can't do this."

"Emily, don't make this harder than it already has to be. Just get out of the car." I chocked. Moment of silence and then I heard the car door open.

"I thought you loved me." She whispered. I do Emily, I do. I looked down and watched her walk away. She's going to find someone someday who will make her feel safe. She's going to meet a guy who will give her everything that I couldn't give her. Emily, you are the love of my life but it was time to let you go.

Emily's POV

As I walked away I kept crying. Why would Derek do this? Everything we had was gone. I saw Derek's boys come over to me and give me a small smiles. I didn't even care if I looked like a mess. I went into the car with Jake which was Derek's best friend. It was silence as he drove. I shifted to get comfortable in the seat.

"He did it for a reason." Jake spoke. I snapped my head up and looked at him.

"What?"

"Derek. He had to let you go even though he didn't want to."

"Why did he?"

"To keep you safe. After all of this, he thinks it's best for you to move on."

"Best for me or for him?"

"For you I guess. He wants you to find someone who will treat you right." He spoke. I didn't ask anymore questions. There's no one in this world who can treat me right besides Derek. I will never move on, I just can't.

***

Jake finally arrived at my house and he gave me a small smile. I returned the kind gesture even though I look like a hot mess with mascara running down my cheeks. I hopped out of the car and walked up my door step. I was not ready to hear my mom scream at me wondering where I was. Jake drove away and I opened my front door to see my mom crying in the couch. I ran over to her and she snapped her head up. She grabbed me and hugged me tightly.

"Where the hell were you? I called the police station, posted flyers, and reported you missing." She cried.

"I'm sorry mom. I went to my friends house for the whole weekend. I meant to call you but things got out of hand." I lied. I was gone for the whole weekend but i was with Derek and I couldn't tell her that. She shook her head in disbelief.

"You scared me, Emily."

"I'm sorry."

"Just promise it won't happen again."

"I promise."

A/N: haven't posted in a while like dang I'm sorry. I just recently got out of school and now I'm gonna be writing a whole lot more because there's no more school. I might post a chapter tonight. I love that you guys are adding this story to your library and all your positive comments. Just know that this story is not over! I repeat it is not over. There's like still a bunch to come & I'm following a bunch of people right now so comment below if you want me to follow you or notice you or something like that. xx