17

The next morning I awoke to see a different hotel room. I look over to my left and noticed Derek wasn't there. I furrowed my eyebrows and pushed the sheets off my body. I got up and looked around. I checked the bathroom and noticed he wasnt there either. I checked everywhere in the whole hotel room and he was nowhere in site. I began to panic and rushed out the hotel room not even caring what i'm wearing. I shut the hotel room door and began to pace around for Derek. I checked the hotel lobby, pool, and the game room but he's nowhere to be found. I felt tear rush down my cheeks and noticed I got a couple of awkward stares from strangers but I didn't care. I continued to walk keeping my head down until I come in contact with a hard chest against mine. I looked up to see Derek standing there looking down at me with a angry expression on his face.

"What are you doing out here? You are suppose to be sleeping." He spit at me. I wiped my tears and bit my lip.

"I couldn't find you.. I got worried." I said looking at him as he sighed.

"When do you ever have to worry Em? I'm fine. I just went and got us food considering you love breakfast." He said pointing to the food in his hand. I pulled a piece of my messy hair behind my ear.

"I'm sorry." I say as he brought his forehead to mine.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I smiled as he pecked me on the lips.

"Now.. let's get you back inside because your pajamas are catching people's attention." He said as I looked down to noticed I was only wearing his t-shirt. I blushed and wrapped my arms around my chest.

"You look beautiful." He whispers in my ear as I blush even harder.

***

We finally left that hotel room and began our trip on the road. I changed out of his t-shirt into my short jean shorts and my black muscle tee. I looked over at Derek and noticed he changed into his navy blue tank top with black jeans. I noticed his tattoos on his biceps. I bite my lip looking at him while he kept his eyes on the road. God, he's so memorizing.

"Like what you see?" I heard him say as I snap out of my thoughts.

"No." I lie. He turned his head towards me and raised an eyebrow. I looked away from him trying to hold my laughter.

"You're bluffing." He spoke. I looked at him and busted out laughing. He looked at me and smiled. I smile back as he turns his attnetion back to the road. I reach over and turn the radio volume up to hear 'Kiss Me' by Ed Sheeran playing. I sing along to the music and start swaying a little in my seat. I close my eyes getting into the music. I heard someone laughing at me. I turn my head to see Derek laughing at me. I scrowl at him and stick my tounge out at him.

"Hater." I say putting my hand up to him as he laughed again. Another thing I loved about him, his laugh.

"Nah, not hating. Just those are some interesting dance moves."

"What can I say? I'm a pro."

"A very interesting pro." He grinned.

"Are you making fun of me?"

"Maybe, maybe not."

"You're such an ass."

"But you love it."

"Nah."

"I love you." He grinned at me. I couldn't help but smile at that.

"I love you too, ass." I say as he smirks.

***

We were still in the car but something didn't feel right. It was getting pretty dark outside now as I looked out the car door window. I looked at Derek to see him focusing on the road. Derek makes a turn and I look out the car door window into the side mirror to see a car making the same turn we just did. I furrowed my eyebrows but shook it off. This car can't be following us? I'm just imagining things. Derek makes another turn and so does the other car. Is this car following us? I look at Derek to see him still focusing on the road while he makes another turn. I noticed the car made the same exact turn. I'm beganing to panic now.

"Derek?"

"Yeah?" He says as he looks at me. I look out the side mirror to see the car still behind us.

"Someone's following us." I speak as I look at him to see him looking out the rearview mirror. Derek makes a turn and he notices the car makes the same exact turn again.

"What the hell?" He speaks. Derek presses on the gas and increases his speed and the car does the same. Derek continues to increase his speed while looking in the rearview mirror.

"Is your seatbelt on?" He asked me. I nod and bite my lip. Derek continues to drive fast with the car copying his actions. We suddenly stopped in the middle of a dead end road. What is going on?

"Shit! We're out of gas!" Derek screams as he hits the steering wheel. I notice the car stopping behind us. I looked at Derek to see him grabbing a bag. He looked at me and I looked at him then at the bag.

"We have to run now." He speaks. I nod putting a piece of hair behind my ear. We both jump out the car but then I feel someone grab me. I scream as I feel someone putting a gun to my head. I felt the person lifting me up and bringing me in front of an old man who stands there smirking at me. I looked over and see other guys surrounding us. I look around and see Derek standing still with a gun to his head.

"Well, well, well.. it's nice to see you again Derek." The old man speaks. I furrow my eyebrows as I look at Derek and the man standing before me.

"Let her go, Malcolm." Derek spits. I look at the old man and look at him in disgust. This is the man that Derek is trying to run away from.

"That's all i get? Not even a 'hello'? Wow, your mother raised you with manners." The old man chuckles. Derek licked his lips looking at him.

"Let her go." Derek repeated his words.

"No can do. Like I said, you care about this girl so now she's mine." Malcolm says as he smirks. I shake my head in disgust as I felt tears run down my cheek.

"You're disgusting." I spit at him. Malcolm turns his head towards me and Derek does the same. I see Derek shaking his head telling me to stop but I just can't. This man is horrible.

"Ah, so you're the famous 'Emily'? I'm Malcolm but i'm pretty sure Derek has already told you about me, huh? You're a very pretty, stupid girl." He spoke.

"Stupid?" My voice cracks.

"You chose this fool." He says as he motions over to Derek. "He's nothing but an uptight prick. You have an intresting taste in boys."

"Shut the fuck up!" I yell at him as I feel the guy holding me, grip tighter.

"Shut this girl up." Malcolm says as I feel a man slap me still managing to point the gun to my forehead. I feel a few teardrops fall as I see Derek tense.

"Never touch her again! She has nothing to do with any of this!" Derek yells at them. Malcolm walks up to him and smirks.

"You're in for a wild ride." Malcolm speaks.

A/N: Crap, sorry I haven't been updating! School has gotten really crazy but I know i've changed the book cover like ten thousand times and I'm sorry about that. lol, i just can't decide but anyways did you guys enjoy this chapter? If you did comment, vote, & whatever your little mind wants to do. xx