14

Days passed and it was finally Friday. I woke up and jumped out of bed. I walked over to my closet and grabbed my black dress that had straps on it. It stopped above my knees. I put the dress on and walked into my bathroom. I turned on the light and grabbed my toothbrush. I brushed my teeth and put on mascara and lipgloss. I combed out my hair and striaghtened it. I smile into the mirror and walk out. I tugged on my black converse shoes and grabbed my phone and bag. I walked downstairs to see my mom drinking her coffee.

"You look pretty." She smiles at me. I smile back and grabbed a piece of bacon of a plate which my mom made and ate it.

"Thanks." I say.

"You better get going." She says to me. I look at the clock and grabbed a few more peices of bacon and was out the door. I could hear my mother laughing as I walked out. I closed the door and turned to see Derek. I smile and make my way over to him. He looks at my outfit choice and smirks.

"I like your outfit." He says to me as he kisses me. I pull away and smile at him. I look over and see his motorcycle nowhere to be found.

"Where's your motorcycle?" I asked as he put his hands in his pockets.

"I decided we should take a car instead of my motorcycle since of what happened when the guys alomst.. you know." He says as he scratches the back of his neck. I nod as I understood what he meant. I look at the car and noticed it's a black range rover. He opens the door for me and shooed me to get in. Later, he joins me in the car as he sits in the driver's seat.

***

We arrive to school and I hop out of the car. Derek walks over to me and grabs my hand.

"I think I like your car better then your motorcycle." I say as we walk into school. He looks at me and smirks.

"Is that so?" He says.

I rolled my eyes. "Quit smirking." I poke him. We make it to my locker and I grab my books. I noticed Kasey make her way over to me. I smile at her as she smiles back. She looks at Derek and tugs a piece of hair behind her hair. I almost forgot about their fight they had a few weeks ago..

"Hey Derek." I heard her say to him. I smile as she tries to be nice. I look at Derek and gave him a 'be polite' look. He sighs and gives her a half smile.

"Hey Kasey." He spoke. She smiles and then looks back at me.

"So, there's another party tonight. You guys in?" I heard her say as I laugh.

"No way." I say shaking my head. Derek looks at me and raises his eyebrows.

"Why not?" He asks. I shrug and sigh.

"I don't like parties. The first time I went was only a one time thing." I say. I hear both of them groan.

"Come on Emily." I hear Kasey beg. Not again..

"Oh no, don't get me started." I say pointing a finger at her.

"I'll be there and Derek will be there.. what more do you need?" She asked.

"Don't be a goody two shoes, Em." I heard Derek speak up. I look at him and raised my eyebrow.

"Excuse me?" I say. He smirked.

"You heard me."

"I'm not a goody two shoes."

"Prove it."

"Fine. I'll go to the stupid fucking party." I say giving up. They both smirk as I roll my eyes.

***