22

The whole table fell silent, all you could hear were my sobs.

"Cancer?" My mother questioned. Derek shifted in his seat as he nodded.

"Yes m'am." He responded. I wiped my tears away so I could be strong for him.

"Honey, I'm so sorry.. I don't even know what to say." My mother says as she shakes her head in horror.

"It's fine. I've had cancer for a long time now and your daughter here is what makes me stronger." He says as he looks at me. I smile at him as my mom smiles.

"Do you know your life span?" She asked. I looked at my mom as she looked at me, confused.

"Mom.." I mumbled.

"No, it's okay. I go back to the doctor tomorrow. My doctor will tell me then." He reassures us.

"Ah, okay. So, who wants dessert?" She says as she stands up.

***

I took Derek up to my room and we both sat on my bed. I kicked off my sneakers and grabbed my hair tie and put my hair in a ponytail. Derek was lying down on his back and I leaned down and rested my head on his chest. I could feel his heart race.

"Are you nervous?" I ask as I look up at him. He looks at me confused.

"Your heart is beating fast." I say. He blushed and let out a chuckle.

"So is yours, princess."

"I know."

"Maybe we balance each other." He cooed.

"I love you."

"Forever and more, princess." He says as he plays with my hair.

"You must have forgotten to tell me that you have a birthday tomorrow." I say as he glanced at me.

"How'd you know?"

"Jennifer." I say as he rolls his eyes.

"Her and her little blabber mouth." He mumbles.

"Why didn't you want me to know?"

"Because it's not that big of a deal."

"Yes it is."

"I hate celebrating my birthday."

"Why?"

"I just don't get the point of it."

"Let's celebrate it tomorrow, together."

"Why?"

"Because I love you.." I say as he looks at me. I pout and he sighs.

"Okay."

***

Later on that night Derek went home. I changed into my pajamas and laid in my bed. I grabbed my phone and decided to text him.

To: Prince <3

You won't regret tomorrow, trust me.

I press send and I heard my door open. I looked up and saw my mom. I smiled at her as she came over and sat next to me.

"I'm sorry about dinner today."

"For what?"

"Asking about Derek's life span." She says as I look down.

"Oh.."

"I'm sorry, Emily. Derek is a strong boy I know he can hold on." She reassures me.

"Very strong."

"And I approve."

"Approve of what?"

"You and him." She says. I smile big and hug her.

"I love you." I say as she smiles.

"I love you too. Goodnight." She says as she walks out of my room. I felt my phone buzz.

From: Prince <3

I hope not. Jennifer is going to get it when I find her. She's such a bladder mouth.

I laugh at his text and texted back.

To: Prince <3

No, I like her Derek. :( My mom approves of us. :)

I send to him as he texted back instantly.

From: Prince <3

Too bad and I knew she would. It was probably my award winning smile or the roses I brought her. What can I say? I'm amazing.

I roll my eyes at his cockiness.

To: Prince <3

Too much cockiness in a text.

I press send as I lay down in my bed ready to fall asleep. My phone buzzed again. I grabbed my phone and read the text.

From: Prince <3

Open your window. Your lovely prince awaits.

I look at the text and furrowed my eyebrows. I walked over to my window and opened it. I saw Derek pop his head in. He climbs in an shuts my window back. He walks over to me and smirks.

"Miss me?" He smirks.

"What are you doing here? I thought you had to kill your sister." I say as he laughs.

"Since it's my birthday tomorrow. I want to wake up in the morning to see my princess beside me." He says as I blush.

"You're wish is my command." I say as I walk over to my bed. I sit in my bed and wait for him. He grabs a hold of his khaki shorts and pulled them down. He tugged his shirt off only leaving him in his boxers. I blushed as he smirked. He got into the covers as I copied him. I lay facing him and he pulls me closer. My head is laying on his chest. I turn off my lamp and we were left in the dark. I could still feel his heartbeat and his breathing.

"Princess?" He calls out.

"Yes?" I say.

"Are you wearing a bra?" He asked as I felt my cheeks blush in embarrassment. I'm so glad we are in the dark or he would have seen me blush. I tried to pull away from him but he held me tighter.

"Derek, I'm braless." I say as he laughs.

"I don't care. It's nothing I haven't seen before, princess." He says as I sigh. I close my eyes.

"I love you." I heard him say as I drifted into a deep sleep.

A/N: ok yeah i know this is a short chapter and im sorry.

Derek's all like "I gonna beat my sister damn that girl gotta mouth on her. Shit, hold up.. Emily do you gotta bra on?"

Emily is like "Mom you can't just ask someone what their life span is like damn that's just fucking rude."