3

"Emily!"

"Emily!" I heard my name being called. I groan and looked around my new room. My bed was set up of course and some of my other fruniture is set up but there's a few boxes lying around. I sat up on my bed and pulled the sheets off of me. I walk along the cold wooden floor. I almost nearly squealed because of how cold the floor felt. I opened my bedroom door and walk out to see what my mom possibly needed.

"Mom!"

"Downstairs!" I heard her call from down the stairs. I walk down the stairs and look around to see she's not in the livingroom. I walked into the kitchen to find my mom drinking her coffee. Her hair looked messy and she had on her robe trying to cover her pajamas. Her back was turned to me and it looked like she was reading something. A newspaper possibly?

"You wanted me.." I finally spoke up. She jumped at the sound of my voice and turned around. She took a sip of her coffee she had in her hand.

"Emily, I didn't see you there darling. You nearly gave me a heart attack." She said as she placed her hand over her heart and laughed to herself. I shrugged and sat down at our kitchen table.

"What was it you needed?" I reached over to grab an apple that was sitting on the table in a bowl of fruit.

"Ah yes. I wanted to inform you that you are now registered into your new school. I called this morning and you happen to start tomorrow." I groan. Today happened to be Sunday and turns out I'm going to get so lost all by myself. I looked at the clock and rolled my eyes.

"You called me down here at '7:40' to tell me this?" My mother nodded and countined to drink her coffee before placing it into the sink.

"I'm going back to bed." I said as I got up from my chair until my mother called after me. I turned around not giving her my full attention clearly I was sleepiy. I mean who wakes up their daughter at '7:40? A crazy mother i guess.

"I'm going grocery shopping for food. I just wanted to know if you wanted to come or would you like to go out and look around the town." I raised my eyebrows at her. Now she had my attention.

"Why can't I stay here?" I said scrunching my eyebrows together confused. She sighed.

"Becuase I want you to go out and explore the town." I sighed in frustration.

"I guess I'll go explore but I'm not going now." I clearly stated. She crossed both arms against her chest.

"And why not?" She said giving me an attitude. Is she serious? It's like almost 8:00 in the morning!

"For starters, I'm tired and it's almost 8:00 mother." I said as I yawned. She rolled her eyes and shooed my away.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Here I was standing on a sidewalk of Los Angeles exploring like my mother told me to do. Turns out she woke my up two hours later making me go explore while she shops till she drops. I looked down at what I was wearing feeling insecure. I decided on wearing black skinny jeans, a beatles shirt, and my black converse. My hair was in a ponytail since i didn't feel like messing with it and I had no makeup on. I began to walk on the sidewalk observing what was infront and beside me. Stores, people, and more people. I rolled my eyes to myself because my mother actually made me come here. I looked down as i continued to walk. Turns out I may have accidentally bumped into someone causing the persons stuff to fall onto the floor. Crap! I bent down and grabbed the persons stuff while they helped.

"I'm so sorry." I said as I looked up looking at the person I had bumped into. A girl with blonde hair stood infront of me wearing blue jeans, a blouse, and flats. She had blue eyes and her hair was straight to perfection. She was gorgeous. She looked at me and held her hand out.

"I'm Kasey." I shook her hand and smiled.

"I'm Emily." She smiled. I handed back her stuff that had fallen.

"I'm really sorry about that. I'm really clumsy." I said apoligizing once again. She chuckled and tug a peice of blonde hair behind her ear.

"Don't worry about it. It's no biggie." She smiled. I laughed and smiled back.

"By any chance do you go to South High?" I asked talking about my new high school i'm starting at tomorrow.

"Actually yes. What grade are you in?" She asked me.

"12th." I replied as her smile grew bigger.

"No way, me too!' She said as I laughed.

"I'm guessing you're new right?" She asked.

"Yep." I said popping the 'p'

"Maybe i'll see you around. I can help you to your classes." She shrugged as I smiled.

"Would you?" I asked looking at her. She laughed.

"Sure. I don't see why not." I smiled. Finally, I made a new friend. Maybe being here wouldn't be so bad after all..