27

There I stood waiting to see the love of my life. I noticed Jennifer sitting down with her head in her hands with Jaxon right beside her, not really understanding what's happening. My mother sat beside Jennifer and patted her back. I just paced the floor waiting for the doctor to call us. I kept telling myself that everything is going to be okay. He's strong, he can make it. I wiped the tears away from my eyes that kept falling and falling. I wrapped my arms around my chest getting worried. I bit down on my lip wondering if he was going to make it or not. No, I need to stop thinking like this. He told me to be strong for him and that is one thing I promised I would do.

"Derek Smith." I heard his name being called that broke me out of my thoughts. Jennifer and my mother stood up and walked up to Dr. Lift who stood there with a worried expression. Fear ran through my body. He looked at me with sympathy while I wiped away the tears that kept falling.

"Is he okay?" Jennifer asked as she wiped her tears away as well.

"He passed out from the cancer. It happens when you have cancer. His body is getting harder for him to hold on but he's fine now. It's a good thing you got him here on time. I've noticed that he's losing a lot of weight as well but that's what happens during the cancer stage." He explained as we all sighed with relief. I still had tears beamed out of my eyes.

"Can you see him?" I managed to ask as he nodded his head.

"Yes you may." He spoke as we all nodded.

"Do you know his room number?" Jennifer asked.

"Room 209." He said as he walked away to fill out some files. We all began to walk to his room. I stood in the back as everyone walked in front of me.

Room 206..

Room 207..

Room 208..

Room 209.. I watched as they opened the door and walked in. I stood out in the hallway crying my eyes out because I couldn't see him like this. I slid down to the ground with my arms wrapped around my legs letting my tears fall. I heard my the door open again to reveal my mother standing there with a half smile plastered on her face.

"He wants to see you.." She spoke after the moment of silence. I shook my head as tears fell.

"I can't see him like this."

"He's okay, honey."

"How about when two months past and he's going to be dead? Is he going to be fine then mom?" I yelled at her as I broke down. She looked at me in shock, looking down at her feet.

** (Derek's POV)

"Are you okay, Derek?" Jennifer asked me as she stood beside me holding my hand. I shook my head letting her know that I was okay. I noticed Jaxon look at me with a sad face.

"Hey buddy." I nudged him with a smile. He smiled back and giggled.

"Is there anything you need?" Jennifer asked.

"Emily." I spoke. She nodded her head. Emily's mother stood there and walked out to probably tell Emily I wanted to see her.

I laid on my bed clearly scared. I almost died if Jennifer didn't take me to the hospital. I would have lost everything. My sister, my brother, and most of all Emily. Why is Emily even still with me? I'm going to die, we all know that so why is she still here? It will just cause her more pain. I flipped my hair because it was getting in my eyes. I was waiting to for Emily to come in until I heard her voice out in the hallway.

"How about when two months past and he's going to be dead? Is he going to be fine then mom?" I heard her scream. I felt a tear run down my cheek as Jennifer looks down at her feet. The worst part of it all was she was right. Just then I heard the door open to reveal Emily standing there with tears beaming out of her eyes. She kept her head down as I looked at her. Jennifer and Jaxon left the room and so did her mom. Emily stood there not knowing what to say.

"Emily?" I chocked out. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"You scared me, Derek." She spoke out.

"I'm so sorry."

"You can't leave me." She spoke as she stood there still looking at me. I looked down, not knowing what to say.

"Come here." I said as she managed to move her feet. She shifted over to me and looked at me. I cupped her face in my hands while wiping her tears with my thumb.

"Being strong is one of the hardest things for me. No one has a choice in this world, Em. I want you to know that I love you with all my heart and I would crawl the whole wide world to you no matter what. You have to promise me you'll move on when I'm gone. You will forever be in my heart and I know I will forever be in yours. This cancer stuff scares the crap out of me, I'm not going to lie and knowing that I won't be here for you hurts me. I fear losing you.. I will never forget you, ever. I'll be up in the sky looking down on you. You're my princess, you always will be. I wish I could be the one marrying you, seeing you when you wake up, making love, having kids, and most of all kissing you. It hurts knowing I want be able to do all that stuff for you. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry you even met me but what I'm not sorry for is falling in love with you, Emily Baker."

** (Emily's POV)

"Being strong is one of the hardest things for me. No one has a choice in this world, Em. I want you to know that I love you with all my heart and I would crawl the whole wide world to you no matter what. You have to promise me you'll move on when I'm gone. You will forever be in my heart and I know I will forever be in yours. This cancer stuff scares the crap out of me, I'm not going to lie and knowing that I won't be here for you hurts me. I fear losing you.. I will never forget you, ever. I'll be up in the sky looking down on you. You're my princess, you always will be. I wish I could be the one marrying you, seeing you when you wake up, making love, having kids, and most of all kissing you. It hurts knowing I want be able to do all that stuff for you. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry you even met me but what I'm not sorry for is falling in love with you, Emily Baker." He spoke to me. Tears and more tears flew out of my eyes. He kept wiping my tears with his thumb. I leaned in and placed a kiss on his kissable lips.

"You gave me so much in the few months and I can't tell you how happy you made me feel. Love is so abstract, you taught me that but our love is never ending. I will never forget you, Derek. I never knew love existed until I met you. I promise you I will move on but I can't promise that I will fall out of love with you. That's not even nowhere near possible. You will never be forgotten. I'm utterly in love with you, Derek Smith. You are the angel beneath my wings. You are the smile to my face. You are my everything." I speak to him as tears poured out of his eyes.

"You make me insane." He says to me. I grinned down at him.

"We make each other insane." I say as he places our hands together. He pulled a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I'm sorry I scared you."

"I'm sorry also."

"It's okay, princess."

"Cliche huh?"

"What do you mean?"

"Good girl fell for bad boy Derek." I state as his laughter fills my ears.

A/N: short chapter but aw they are so flipping cute. leave comments below because they always bring a smile to my face and also vote alright bye bye xx