8

Today was finally Friday! I almost jumped of excitment. I got out of bed and walked into my bathroom. I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste and began to clean my teeth. About five minutes I managed to finish on time. I decided to skip my shower since I did have one last night and i'm just not in the mood. I grabbed my makeup bag and put on mascara and chapstick. I walked out of my bathroom and into my closet. I grabbed my blue skinny jeans and my white hoodie with cool designs on it. I put those on after I put my bra on of course. I walked back into my bathroom and looked at my hair. I sighed and put it into a messy bun. I walked out of my bathroom and put on my white converse shoes. I guess you can say today is kinda a bum day.

***

"Emily!" I turned around as I heard my name being called and there I saw Kasey running down the hallways trying to push past really tall freshman kids. I nearly died of laughter just watching her make her way towards me.

"What's up?" I said as she approached me while I let out another laugh. She scoffed and rolled her eyes in annoyance at the tall freshman kids.

"I nearly died trying to find you." She said crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, now you found me. What could you possibly need my good friend?" I said sarcastically putting a hand on my hip.

She rolled her eyes. "Party." She said looking at me.

"Party?" I furrowed my eyebrows. She shook her head.

"Yeah. There's this party tonight and I was hoping you would go?" My eyes widen as I shook my head as fast as I could. Why you may ask? I'm just not you're typical 'party girl.' I'm more of a girl who stays home and reads a good novel by Nicholas Sparks.

"Oh come on! Why not?" She whined while she pouted looking at me.

"I don't do parties Kasey." I said honestly. She groaned.

"It's just one party Emily. Come on, it won't kill you." She said tugging my arm. She's now starting to act like a child.. an annoying child.

"Kasey, no. I've already got plans." I lied as I tug a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Oh yeah, doing what exactly?" She asked. I bit my lip trying to come up with a good lie..

"Uh- I got to help my mom.. feed our cat." I lied through my teeth. She raised an eyebrow and put a hand on her hip.

"Feed your cat?" She said not convinced.

"Yeah.." I said.

"You don't have a cat." She said sternly.

"You don't know that." I said raising a finger at her.

"Actually I do. You told me you don't have any pets on the first day of school Emily." She rolled her eyes. Crap, she got me..

"We just bought one?" I lied again. She groaned.

"Bullshit. Emily just come. It's only one thing I want you to do with me. I'll even have you home early ok? Please just do this small favor for me?" She asked looking at me. I closed my eyes and sighed. I can't believe i'm actually about to say this..

"Okay." I replied not convinced.

***

School had finally ended and I walked through the halls. I haven't seen Derek at all today and worried me. Wait.. what? Why do I even care where he is? I felt someone grip on my ass. I gasped and turned around to see Derek standing there smirking looking down at me.

"Don't you dare touch my butt again, jerk!" I spit at him while he laughed in amussment.

"Woah, calm down princess." He said as he slid his hands into his pockets. My cheeks turned red.