35. epilouge: hurry it up then!

2 years later

april 20, 2020

i looked myself in the mirror, my eyes watering as i admired the beautiful white gown.

"i can't believe you're getting married." liza said from behind me.

"me neither." i smiled and turned to face the girls. "thank you all so much." i said while trying not to cry.

david and i were finally getting married. we were back in chicago for davids whole family to come and all of our friends flew out to see. i had my bridesmaids liza, kristen, corinna, carly, erin, and mariah. david had his groomsmen alex, scotty, toddy, zane, dom, heath and jason. we had finally made it to our happy place within each other.

"we're so proud of you." kristen smiled.

"thank you." i looked down at my dress and flattened it out.

"wedding starts in 3. the groom is on the alter and groomsmen are outside and ready. are you ready ellie?" jason asked.

"i've been ready for a long time now ." i smiled and walked toward jason. since i didn't have a real father anymore, i asked jason to walk me down the aisle.

"let's get this show on the road huh?" he smiled and we linked arms. i followed jason to the front door of the church and prepared for our entrance.

first it was liza and alex, then kristen and scott, corinna and todd, carly and zane, erin and dom, and mariah and heath. finally it was jason and i. the doors opened and we entered the big room. everyone was watching us but i was only watching david. he had the stupidest smile on his face and it made me smile. both of our eyes were tearing up and we were also laughing at each other. jason and i stopped in front of the alter and he gave me a short hug before passing my hand to davids.

"you may be seated." the priest said and everyone sat down. "dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join david anthony dobrik and elizabetta marie green in holy matrimony commended to be honorable among all; and therefore is not to be entered into lightly but reverently, passionately, lovingly and solemnly. into this - these two persons present now come to be joined. if any person can show why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace." the priest started. i stared into davids eyes, a smile never leaving my face. he sent me a small wink and i chuckled a little bit.

"i've been told that we are skipping the opening prayer and the definition of marriage so let's get to the fun part huh?" the priest joked and we all laughed. "we'll start with the standard vows and then i believe you both have written your own."

"yes we have." david smiled and squeezed my hands.

"okay david if you could repeat after me." david nodded.

"i david julien dobrik take the elizabetta marie green."

"to be my lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold from this day forward."

"for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer,"

"in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward until death do us part."

"in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward until death do us part." david said as a tear escaped his eye. i smiled and wiped it away.