34. a promise

december 22, 2017

david and i landed in vernon hills today, it was my first time here and i was super excited but nervous to meet everyone. david said his family had seen me in his videos and all of mine which made me even more nervous. but he also said that they loved me and couldn't wait to meet me. his siblings had seen some of my videos just to get a sense of who i am and the girls we're extremely excited to meet me. i was concerned they weren't going to like me because of liza and how she dated david at first but david assured me it was all going to be okay.

when we landed we went straight to the hotel to leave our things, then went to his family's house. i was having small anxiety the whole car ride there and david even had to give me a pep talk to calm down. i gathered up the courage soon enough and we made our way to the front door.

"david!" his mom smiled and pulled him into a hug. she gave him a kiss on each cheek and slapped his cheek lightly. she let go of david and looked at me. "ahhh, elizabetta! you're so beautiful!" she said and pulled me into a hug.

"thank you, i can see where david gets his good looks from." i smiled into the hug. david gave me a thumbs up and i rolled my eyes.

"aww, you're too kind. come in, come in." she pulled me into the house, immediately calling everyone into the living room. "ester! sarah! toby!" they all came rushing down the stairs, sarah and ester lightly shoving each other to get to me.

"ellie!" they both yelled and pulled me into a hug.

"hi!" i laughed and gave them each hugs. toby stood there shyly, watching me with happy eyes. "hi toby." i kneeled down to his height. "you sure are cuter than david." i joked, he laughed and we hugged.

"that's mean." david shook his head and i laughed harder.

"you're not wrong." ester went along with it and we all laughed.

"take a seat!" mrs. dobrikova came into the room with a pot of tea ready to be served. we all sat around and they bombarded me with questions.

"how long have you and david been dating?" sarah smiled. i looked at david with raised eyebrows.

"that's a hard one, we've been on and off. but i've liked him since i met him." i blushed.

"who's your favorite youtuber?" toby asked and i pretended to think.

"other than our friend group i would have to say shane dawson." i smiled.

"do you like jake paul?" toby asked.

"um..." i noticed his team 10 merch and sighed. "i'm more of a vlog squad fan, but hey... he must be doing something right, right?" toby's smile fell a little bit and it broke my heart.

"your makeup is so flawless." sarah pointed out and i blushed.

"thank you, so you like makeup?" i asked.

"yeah, but i'm not very good at it." she frowned.

"maybe i can teach you guys a few things." i grinned. i was happy that i got them both makeup for christmas gifts.

"so tell us about yourself." the mom poured us each a cup of tea before passing it to us.

"well, i'm from houston texas, i grew up with liza actually." i bit my lip. "she's my best friend. im the only child but liza was like my sister. uh i have a rocky past with my parents and my ex boyfriend but that's all over now. i started youtube as a side thing but it's also my job. is there anything you guys would like to know?"

•••

december 25, 2017

i woke up to davids lips on mine and i smiled. "merry christmas." david said in between kissed and i smiled.