30. can we be girlfriends now?

tuesday, december 5, 2017

"are you ready?" david asked from the living room.

"not really." i sighed and slipped my backpack on. "don't make me go." i frowned and walked up to david.

"you have to." david gave me a small smile.

"but we could just stay in bed and cuddle instead." i tried to convince him to let me stay.

"babe, as much as i would love that, you need to go see your therapist." david sighed.

"fuck." i groaned and slipped on my sun glasses. "okay, i'll see you later." i sighed and gave him a kiss on the cheek before opening my front door.

"bye." he chuckled and closed the door behind me.

i drove to my therapists office which wasn't that far. i played david and jason's podcast throughout the car to get the just of what's been going on while i was gone. i got there soon enough and exited my car. i walked into the building and checked in with the receptionist and took a seat in the waiting room. i waited for a few minutes just scrolling through twitter and instagram.

"ms. green," lucy, the receptionist called, "jane will see you now." she said and gave me a small smile.

"thank you." i smiled back at her and made my way to janes office. i took the elevator up to the fourth floor and walked down the hallway to room 420. wow. what a coincidence.

"elizabetta!" jane opened the door for me.

"hey jane." i smiled and sat on the couch.

"session has started." she said and started her voice recorder. "what's been going on?" she asked with a smile.

"quiete well. i moved into a new house, talked to david and all my friends, i've been happy." i smiled.

"i'm glad." she nodded.

"so how did it go with david?" she asked.

"it was a little rocky at the beginning but we talked it through and he forgave me." i grinned and pulled my knees up to my chest.

"why was it rocky?" she asked.

"he was angry with me, he didn't understand why i left." i frowned. "but i talked about it to him and he understood after." i smiled.

"that's good." she smiled. "did you tell him about the bridge?"

"yeah, i told them all." i sighed.

"what were their reactions?" she questioned.

"david was sad, they were all sad, concerned, confused, and in disbelief." i shook my head.

"and how did their reactions make you feel?" she asked.

"terrible. i hated that i made them feel so sad." i frowned.

"and how are they now?" she raised her eyebrows.

"they're good, i stayed the whole day talking to them and catching up." i smiled big.

"that's good." she nodded. "so you haven't been feeling sad or anything lately?"

"no, i'm very happy, im finally myself again." i grinned.

"so here's my big question." she started and sat up straight. i nodded my head for her to continue. "do you think you still need therapy?"

"no, but id like to have 1 more session in two weeks just to make sure." i frowned.

"good, because the progress you've had in the past few weeks is remarkable. in my opinion you wouldn't need anymore therapy after our next session unless something were to deeply affect you." she gave me a small smile.