CHAPTER 23

The car pulled up at Endeavour Motors and I couldn't help but to stare in awe at how magnificent the building was.

It was a bit bigger than our office and its black exterior design had this eye-catching aura, the huge symbol of the black dahlia on the side of the building reminded me of the flowers he sent me after my wedding.

Anthony got out of the car and opened the door for me. I took his hand, stepped out and whispered a thank you. He shut the door behind me and stuffed his hands in his pocket then followed my gaze to the dahlia on the wall.

''It's alright to be nervous,'' He assured me turned to be with a slight smile on his office.

''Nervous? I don't know what you're talking about! I was just thinking of how black and spooky this place is. It's like we've just landed in the secret lair of the grim reaper'' I sheepishly laughed off, trying to mask the anxiety building up in me.

'' You coming?" I urged him and walked off.

''Yes please'' I heard him utter and end with a throaty chuckle.

As we got closer to the entrance of the building, I paused midway and turned to him.

''Anthony.'' I began and he gave me a concerned look.

''Before we go inside, I just wanted to say thank you once again. Never have I ever gotten such an opportunity work o8n something as great as this. My father had to hand over the company to me because he didn't have a choice, I can say he didn't really believe in my capabilities either but you're the first person to ever give me a chance. Thank you.'' I told him with a genuine smile on my face.

He startled me a bit by bending down to face me at eye level and then flicked my head all of a sudden. ''Are you serious?!'' I exclaimed and he nodded, his lips pressed into a thin line.

''Your 'thank yous' are getting annoying. You have too much potential for me to just sit back and watch it go to waste.''

''But still-'' I cut him off sharply.

'' Still, thank you. I have always wanted to do something to honor my little brother and hopefully helping the children at the orphanage will be enough.''

''I'm sure he's happy and proud of you,'' He told me with an assuring smile and then softly rubbed my arm.

''I hope so.....well enough of that, we have work to do. Don't we, Mr. Ramirez?" I asked him, replacing my sad smile with a smirk and he grinned showing his dimple then nodded in agreement.

''Shall we, Mrs. Ramirez?"

''Yes we shall'' And with that we walked through the sliding doors of the entrance.

As expected, all eyes turned to us as we walked in and I tried my best to control my breathing. Just when I felt things would probably go downhill, I felt his hand take a hold of mine. My breath hitched as I looked up at him but he looked down at me and gave me a confident smile.

'' You've got this girl'' He suddenly slurred in a poor attempt to mimic some sort of girly voice.

I cracked up, quickly slapping my hand over my mouth to prevent myself from snorting and embarrassing myself in the reception.

''What was that?!" I whisper yelled.

''My form of motivation, take it or leave it!" He whispered back and I playfully tapped his shoulder with my head.

''Hello good morning, you must me Mr. and Mrs. Ramirez, my name's Cornelius and-'' A young slender looking man approached us and began to say only for Anthony to interrupt by chuckling.