Chapter 5- A Nice Little Dinner Party

(Chapter 5- A Nice Little Dinner Party)

As we all sat around eating dinner our parents talked while Austin and I kept glancing at one another, well I was more like glaring but who cares I could do a lot worse. I didn't really keep up with the conversation since I was to busy focusing all my hate a someone. I will be so glad when this stupid dinner is over. Then I won't have to look at Austins face anymore.

"Shannon don't ignore someone when they are talking to you." My dad scolded.

I quickly looked up not realising anyone even spoke to me. I must have been really focused.

"I'm sorry what." I said.

"Carol just asked you where you were going for college." My dad said.

"Oh, well I have applied to Berkeley and and NYU." I stated.

"What are you studying in?" She asked.

Geeze what is this the third degree? I really don't want to make conversation right now. I don't even know why they care anyway.

"Criminal Justice" I stirred my food around in my plate not in the mood to eat. What I really want is to go to my room and never leave.

"Wow you must be a very smart girl." She smiled.

"She is, she gets all A's." My dad bragged.

"Austin you need a girl like Shannon, she is going somewhere plus you both applied to Berkeley maybe both of you will get in." His mom said o him.

I dropped my fork in my plate gathering everyone's attention. Now he applied to the same college as me. Will I ever get away from this guy?

"Austin you should asked Shannon on a date sometime." Does this woman never give up

"Sure I-"

"Sorry I can't, dad's rule no dating in high school." I have never been happier for that rule than right now.

"I suppose I could make an exception this time." Dad smiled.

Oh no. Out of all the times he decides to let me break a rule he chooses right now? Why dad why? What have I ever done to deserve this? It's probably payback for that one date I snuck out one a few months ago. Man payback sucks. OK quick think of a good excuse to get out of this. I could rat him out for taking me out last night but that would only get me in trouble so that won't work. Come on there has to be something else.

"Well see I've got this huge test coming up in my History and English class that I need to study for." Hey that just might work.

"Well why don't Austin help you. I'm sure he would be glad to." Carol said.

Oh my god woman, I don't want anything to do with your son already. He is a lying player jerk who I really hate right now. Why can't parents learn to but out sometimes? I mean get a clue.

"Sure Shannon I would love to help you study." He smirked.

I'm pretty sure this guy has never studied a day in his life. How could he possibly help me? His idea of studying is probably using a new technique in bed.

"Great." I said with fake happiness.

"Well we still have some business to discuss so why don't you two go on up and get started." Dad said.

Great idea except for the fact I have no test to study for right now. So I guess it just going to be us hanging out in my room alone. Lord help me.

"Sure come on Austin." I said in fake sweetness getting up from the table.

Have enough strength not to kill him Shannon. You don't even care remember. Besides you got to meet a hot guy today, be happy about that. I climbed the stairs to my room with Austin close behind, which I hated. Once we were at my room I opened the door and waited for him to go in first then I followed behind closing the door.