Chapter 13- Does he like me?

(Chapter 13- Does he like me?)

I heard a horn blow from my driveway and walked to my window to see who it was. Austin was there in his car with Cora and his music loud because I could hear it thumping from my room.

What is he doing here? He never told me he was coming over today. I looked at the clock and it said 7:45 am. School starts in 30minutes and he is at my house why? I decided to go find out.  

As soon as I opened my door to my house Cora was already standing there getting ready to knock. She smiled at me and put her hand down.

“Sorry Austin wanted me to come get you.” She said. “He’s impatient.”

“Why is he here?” I asked.

“Didn’t you get the message?” She asked confused.

“I don’t know my parents already left hold on a minute.” I said before walking to the bar in the kitchen where I usually ate my breakfast and finding a note.

Shan,

Austin is taking you to school today. His mom said he will be here at 8:30 to pick you up. We won’t be home till late tonight so Carol said you could stay with them till we get back.

                                                                                                                                        Love, Linda & Dad

“Great.” I said to sarcastically and crumpled up the note.

“I’ll be out in a minute.” I called to Cora before going to my room to gather my stuff for school.

I don’t know why he has to take me to school I do have my own car. It’s not that I mind but I don’t like to rely on someone else. I’m more of an independent person.

After I was ready to leave I turned out all the light’s and locked up then went to the car.

“I’ll sit in back.” Cora said getting out of the front seat.

“Nope I will.” I said and hurried to get in before she could protest.

The drive to school was filled with music and nothing else. No one spoke the whole way. I guess last night was awkward for everyone. Cora told me her secret. Austin and I are engaged sort of but not technically. How could it not be awkward?

We pulled up to the school and everyone got out. As soon as I shut my door I saw Lauren from across the lot looking mad and walking toward us fuming. By the time she got to us she looked like she was fit to kill.

“What are you doing riding to school with my boyfriend? Didn’t I make it clear yesterday to stay away from him?” Lauren roared at Cora.

She stood there in shock at Laurens words and didn’t respond so I did for her.

“Look Lauren you really need to back off because you obviously don’t even know what the hell you are talking about.” I snapped.

She huffed at me and walked over to Austin pouting.

“Did you just hear how your sister talked to me?”

“Oh my God!” I screamed. “We really need to sort this out right now.”

Lauren looked at me like had lost my mind but didn’t say anything and neither did anyone else.

“I’m only going to explain this once so listen close.” I said then began to speak slowly. “I am not Austin’s sister Cora is.”