Chapter 18- An Unexpected Arrival

(Chapter 18- An Unexpected Arrival)      (Unedited)

I pulled into my driveway and looked at the clock on my phone that read 12:45pm. I had only left Tinsley’s twenty minutes ago when Linda texted me to come home. She didn’t specify why but just said to come as soon as I could. So here I am about to go face whatever is going on.

After gathering all my things from the car I made my way to the house and opened the door. Immediately I could hear a faint conversation coming from the kitchen. I tried making out who all was talking but I could only hear Linda.

I slowly walked closer trying to hear more and when the conversation about college came up I knew exactly who it was and ran into the Kitchen squealing.

“Oh my gosh, where have you been?” I asked running up to Jesse and giving him a huge hug.

“Hey little sis.” He chuckled hugging me back.

I let go and moved back to look at him. “I hardly even recognize you anymore.”

“Me? What about you, miss senior?” He joked.

I shook my head. “You have been away to long.”

He laughed. “Not you to.”

“It’s true.” I added.

He looked at Linda and shared a smile and back to me. It seems like they both knew something I didn’t. Linda was never good at keeping secrets.

“What?” I asked when they didn’t say anything.

“Tell her.” Linda urged.

Jesse looked at me and smiled brightly. “I’m staying for the next two weeks.”

When he said that I immediately started jumping up in down with excitement. My brother was finally home for a while and this made me happy. It’s been for ever since he has been back and we have a lot to catch up on.

“How are you here for so long?” I asked.

“He’s on break from school.” Linda said clearly delighted.

I raised an eyebrow at him. “You failed to mention that in our last conversation.”

He shook at his gave me a look. “Just like you mentioned your boyfriend.”

I know my look said it all. Shock.

“How did you even know about that?” I asked him but looked at Linda.

I already had an idea who told him but I waited for her confession.

She held her hands up in surrender. “You know I can’t keep a secret.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at her. I wonder what all she told him. Not much I hope. He will probably grill me about it later.

“Well as much as I would like to stay and chat about this I have to go get ready.” I said.

“Ready for what?” Jesse asked.

I blushed a little before answering. “I have a date.”

Jesse crossed his arms over his chest and scrunched up his eyebrows. “Oh really? Why don’t you invite him in so I can meet him?”

I tried to hold him my laughter from the whole big brother thing he had going on. I swear he has been away almost a year and still feels the need to protect me.

“Nah, that’s ok. I want him to live.” I smiled.

He turned his head to Linda for back up. “Mom, tell her she can’t go until I meet him.”