Chapter 7- Answers

(Chapter 7- Answers)

Half the day had passed and I did a pretty good job of avoiding everyone wanting answers but now it was lunch and you know what that means, time to face the music. As I walked into the cafeteria I looked around for Tinsley and the others but didn’t spot them thank goodness so I got in the lunch line. Luckily it wasn’t very long yet which I was glad for because I was hungry.

When I got up to the food I chose some pizza and fries with lemonade to drink and quickly paid. My eyes scanned the room until I saw Austin setting with his friends (also known as the popular crowd) at one of the large tables by the windows . You can guess I don't sit at that one, but I’m not a loser either. I’m the one that’s sort of in the middle, just average.

Trying to avoid Austin, I did my best to make it to my usual table without being seen by him. I wonder if he had told everyone else about us or if it was still just who found out this morning.

Please don't see me, please don't see me, I silently prayed a I passed by his loud table.

I was rejoicing when I finally reached my table without being noticed.

I sat down with my plate and began eating my food. Everything looked delicious. Especially the overly greasy pizza. It tastes so good to eat so unhealthy. I was about halfway through my meal when I felt a tap on my left shoulder. I inwardly groaned. He found me after all. I should have known I wouldn't be so lucky as to avoid him this long.

I immediately looked up and was surprised to see who it was. Tinsley was standing above me smirking. Well I guess it was better her than him.

“Can’t avoid me now.” She said plopping down in the seat across from me with her tray in hand.”Spill it.”

“I don’t know to what you are referring.” I shrugged playing dumb.

“Ok I’ll just ask Austin if he knows then.” She smiled before getting up.

“Ok fine sit down. “ I said quickly grabbing her am as she rose. She knew she had me.

“That’s what I thought.” She smiled. “Now tell me everything.”

I told her everything from meeting Jace at the store, to how I gave him the fake name then to why Austin announced I was his girl friend and the dinner he showed up to. Her mouth gaped open the whole time.

“Since when did you turn into a bad ass?” She asked.

“I didn’t. I’m just having some fun.” I said innocently.

“Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?” She joked.

“Why don’t you like it?” I asked fake pouting.

“Are you kidding? I love it!” Tinsley laughed.

We both continued to laughed and joked until someone came and sat down their tray beside of me. I was just about to look and see who it was, but when I saw Richard sit by Tinsley I had a pretty good idea. As always. they immediately tuned everyone out except for each other.

“Hey babe why didn’t you come sit with us?” Austin said pulling me close by wrapping his arm around my waist. I know he was doing it just to annoy me.

“Sorry "babe", but I do have other friends.” I stated with the roll of my eyes.

“Tinsley could have come over too.” He added. 

“I do have other friends besides Tins, you know.” I defended.

He smiled and raised an eyebrow to me in response.“Then where are they?”