Chapter 20- No Escaping This Hell

(Chapter 20- No Escaping This Hell)

I shoveled in a huge spoonful of ice cream into my mouth as I continued watching another sappy romance movie. This was my fourth one today and it was only 4 PM.

 I had barely gotten any sleep last night and it didn't help when Jesse came home and stood at my door for twenty minutes trying to get me to talk to him. After realizing I wasn’t going to answer him he finally gave up.

Once 7 A.M hit and I still didn’t get any shut eye I had all but given up on sleep. That's the point when I started watching these unrealistic romances. I began the morning with the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice then took a short intermission to eat breakfast and picked back up with The Ugly Truth. After that one was over I decided on another classic being Jane Austen’s Emma. You know the one with Gwyneth Paltrow. Now I'm currently on my fourth movie being How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

It was nice pretending for a while that everyone in life got happy endings but in reality it just wasn't so. Sometimes I wish my life was like a movie, filled with adventure and romance and after a small fight with a guy I liked we would find our way back to each other and all would be peachy. Why couldn't I just have that?

Parts of me really wanted to call up Austin and work everything out but after last night’s episode I wouldn't allow myself to do it. Since my recent anger towards my brother and best friend, the TV was all I had left but I’ll take what I can get.

I might eventually end up giving Jesse time to explain because he was my brother but I think I'll let him regret his action's a little while longer. I don't know if he knew that I knew yet but either way I'm sure he was feeling just as guilty as Tins. She hadn't let up on the texts or calls since I left the party last night and it got to the point that I had to turn off my phone. I would talk to her when I was ready and not a moment sooner. She deserved to worry a little while to.

“Shan dinners ready.” Linda called through my door.

“Thanks, I’ll just eat in my room.” I said.

“You’ve been in there all day. Come out and be with the family, we’ve been worried about you.” She said.

I shook my head and sighed. I swear if these people don’t see me for one meal they think something awful has happened to me. I’m honestly surprised they haven’t tried to stage and intervention yet.

“I’m fine.” I lied. “I just don’t feel well.”

Yeah and I don’t want to see Jesse so I’m not reminded of last night.

“Are you sick?” She asked worried. “I hope you’re not coming down with something.”

“No, it’s just my womanly cycle.” I lied again.

“Oh.” She replied sounding more understanding now. “Well if you need anything let me know, ok?”

“I will.”

“I’ll leave your food on the table outside your door for when you’re ready for it.” She said.

“Thanks.” I said and turning my attention back to the movie.

Right now food was my source of comfort and I was welcoming it with open arms. What else did I have to do anyway? I might as well do as much sulking as I can today because tomorrow is a just a day away and I’ll have to face Both Tins and Austin.

*****

-The next day-

Last night had flown by quicker than I thought possible and I was now at the one place I have been dreading since everything happened…school. Luckily I hadn’t seen Austin or Tins yet and for that I was grateful but I knew I couldn’t outrun fate for very long. Eventually I would have to face them both and I wasn’t looking forward to that.