Chapter 15- Rumor Has It

(Chapter 15- Rumor Has It)                                             (Unedited)

“Ugh.” I screamed across the house as Austin just looked at me like I was crazy.

“Is there something you would like to share?” He asked raising an eyebrow.

“Look what this slut did this time!” I yelled shoving my phone in his face for him to see.

He backed up at the closeness and pulled the phone from my hands to study the screen. His face suddenly turned into a worried one as he looked from the phone back up to me.

“Okay just take a deep breath and sit down.” He soothed.

I gave him and evil glare. “I don’t want to sit down, I want to strangle her.”

“I know but we need to talk about how to handle this.” He said.

I rolled my eyes and plopped down on one of the chairs in his room. “Speak.”

He sat down in the chair closest to mine and watched me cautiously. I guess he was expecting me to flip out on him. Not that I wouldn’t but I need to hear about his way to handle all of this or I’m gonna kill someone.

“Let me talk to her tomorrow at school and then you can make an announcement or whatever you want to straighten this whole thing out.” He sighed. “You don’t want to get on her bad side. Wait until school is over and then make her pay.”

“I don’t care how much pull her family has in the school, she just outed me as a teen mom to the whole school.” I sated.

“Yeah but don’t let her ruin your chances at getting into college. You are better than that.” He said calmly.

I hated him for it but he was right. I shouldn’t let her rule my life. I’ll just go to school tomorrow and hopefully straighten this whole thing out. If that doesn’t work then I still might knock her out anyway.

That thought brought a smile to my face. I’m surprised that no one else has done it before now. She must have everyone scared to do anything but not me.

“Fine, we’ll do it your way.” I groaned.  

“Good choice.” He said. “Now let’s watch a movie and forget this whole thing happened until tomorrow.”

After spending the rest on the evening with the Burke’s and having dinner with them my parents finally showed. It was 11 pm before the actually picked me up and I was tired.

I had explained to Cora what happened while she was gone and she thought it was funny that Lauren was so stupid but still felt bad for me.

I didn’t speak much to my parents on the way home partly because I didn’t feel like it and I was too tired. Once I was finally in bed I drifted to sleep worrying about how tomorrow would go.

*****

“Shan Austin will be here in a few minutes to pick you up. Be ready do he doesn’t have to wait.” Linda called to me from the Kitchen.

“Why?” I whined. “I do have my own car to drive you know.”

“Because we said so.” Dad interjected.

“Do have to ride with him every day?” I asked.

“I know you like being independent but it seems like you two hardly spend any time together to be dating. Did something happen?” He asked.

“No.” I said in defeat. “I just don’t think spending so much time together is healthy in a relationship.”

Dad sighed taking a sip of his coffee. “Ok, just ride with him today and the rest of the week you can drive alone.”