CHAPTER 47

Pls re-read chapter 45 kasi nagkamali po ako :)))

Sorry po ha. Nakakahiya tuloy.

Author's POV

"Can I talk to Mr. Hunter Servantes? Tell him Mrs. Tamayo is looking for her." Sabi ng nanay ni Drew as she enter the building. She's now in Singapore to clear things up. The receptionist grabbed the phone and talked to the other line.

After the call. Kinausap niya muli ang ginang.

"Mrs. Tamayo, you may now proceed at 6th floor." magalang na sabi ng receptionist kay Mrs. Tamayo. Agad naman siyang naglakad palapit sa elevator at pinindot ang number 6.

**

"Good morning" Hindi na nagulat si Hunt nang makita ang mother-in-law niya. Itinuro niya ang upuan sa harap niya at marahang umupo ang ginang.

"How are you Mama? " tanong ni Hunt. Napangiwi naman si Tita Andy.

"No Hunt. How are you?" Nagsukatan sila ng tingin.

"I heard the news. What happened? I trusted you Hunt." Nanlaki ang mata ni Hunt.

"Why Mama? What news did Dessa tell you?"

"I didn't raise her to be a battered wife, Hunt" Si Tita Andy parin.

"Battered wife? I'm sorry Tita but I never hurt your daughter. I loved her, I gave everything to her. I treated her right... until she cheated on me." Hindi makapaniwala si Tita Andy sa narinig.

"Cheated? She cheated?"

"Yes, she had a secret relationship with one of our investors. They see each other, they dated. i didn't even complain about that but what surprised me was when she drowned herself in gambling. She spent the company's money. I tried to save everything, even our marriage but she ran away. She left us, me and our daugther" Hindi makapaniwala si Tita Andy sa narinig. Iba ang kwentong ibinahagi sa kanila ni Dessa.

"Why does she have bruises when she went back to the Philippines?"

"She stayed with Fredrick for 3 months before she went back to the Philippines. Fred is a drug-user. He beds a lot of girls, hurt them if they can't give him satisfaction . I guess he hurt her. Believe me Mama, I have learned to love your daughter. I can't even hurt her." Seryosong tugon ni Hunt. Bagama't gulat na gulat si Tita Andy, nagawa nitong yakapin si Hunt. Umiiyak kasi ito mula sa pagalala ng mga nakaraan nila ni Dessa.

"I'm sorry hijo. Forgive my daughter." sambit ni Tita Andy.

"I never get mad at her. If I'll be given a chance to talk to her, I'll beg her to stay with me forever. I love your daughter, Mama. I'll do everything just to win her back." Napangiti ang ginang.

"I don't know why she turned in to a monster, Hunt. She wanted to save the company but in a wrong way, she forced her brother to marry the daughter of Mr. Rost." nagulat si Hunt.

"Mr. Rost?"

"Yes."

"Few weeks ago, his secretary personally went here and gave me a cheque containing 100 million pesos." Hunt got something from his drawer. He showed it to Tita Andy.

"She said, it came from Dessa."

"How's the company's status?"

"I try my best to save it. Some of the investors backed out. We still need to pay 120 million to save everything. I am not using this cheque cause I want to talk to Dessa first. But she's refusing my calls."

"Good decision Hunt. Now, listen to me." Umayos ng upo si Hunt

"I'll go back to the Philippines with this cheque and pls...." Tumango ang binata.