Gone

Chapter 10

I woke up the next day to Luke jumping on my bed. Luke was frantically giggling.

“Luke stop.” I whine.

“I’ll stop when you get up. It’s noon. I’ve been waiting hours for you to get up!” He exclaimed, falling to his knees beside me.

“I thought Michael was supposed to hang out with me today.” I tell him, rolling over to gaze up at him.

His blond hair was tucked under a grey beanie and he was smiling ear to ear.

“He went to go do something this morning so Calum and Ash are going alone today.” He explains, attempting to pull the covers off of me.

I pull them closer to me and roll so that I’m no longer facing him. He pushes me back to face him and looks down at me.

“Get up. I want to take you out for lunch.” He says, giving me a rough push to that I tumble out of bed.

I let out a squeal of surprise as I hit the floor. Luke peers over the side of the bed.

“Are you okay?” He asks.

“I’m fucking dandy.” I tell him sarcastically.

He laughs and holds out his hand to help me up. I place my hand in his and he pulls me up. I sit on the bed beside him and yawn, stretching my arms high above my head.

“Where do you want to go and eat?” I ask Luke.

“I didn’t get that far when I thought of this.” He admits, look at me.

I give him a look.

“I’ll think of something. Now just get dressed and come downstairs.” He tells me before leaving the room.

I dress into simple shorts and a black tank-top. I throw an oversized flannel over the outfit. I pull a brush through my auburn hair and go downstairs. Luke is waiting for me at the foot of the stairs.

“We’re going to Chic-Fil-A!” He says excitedly.

“You’re joking right?” I ask him.

He can’t be serious. He immediately gets this “kicked puppy” look.

“No, I’m not joking.” He pouts.

“I don’t mean it like that. I love Chic-Fil-A!” I assure him.

“Yay! C’mon lets go!” He exclaims, dragging me out of the house.

***************************************************

Chic-Fil-A was uneventful, although it was tons of fun. At least we weren’t sitting and watching T.V all day. We went back to Luke’s house afterwards to watch more T.V. His mother was out running errands. We were sitting on the couch when I start to get that bad feeling again. I suddenly felt like I needed to go home, like now.

“Hey Luke. Can we go back to my house?” I ask him.

“Sure, whatever floats your boat.” He says, standing up and walking to the door.

I follow him and we walk back to my house. The closer we got to the house the worse the feeling got. As we got closer I saw that the front door was open.

“What the-” I was cut off by Luke running down the street, “Luke wait up!”

I get to the end of my driveway when Luke gets to the open door. I hear him gasp, his hand covering his mouth in shock.

“Luke what is it?” I ask him, walking up to him.

I finally see what he’s gasping about. Michael is hanging from the wall, covered in blood, his heart was pinned beside him in a bloody pulp. To his left the words “WE WARNED YOU THAT THIS WASN’T YOUR FIGHT.” was written in blood. I collapsed to the ground on my knees and scream. It came out choked due to the tears running down my face. He was gone, dead.

“NO!” I scream, running into the house. Luke doesn’t even try and stop me.

I rip out the knife that protruded from his chest. His corpse falls into my and I fall with him. I pull him up so that his head rests in my lap. His eyes are closed, they’ll never open again. I run my hand through his fluffy white hair. I’ll never see that hair pop up behind furniture again. He looked so peaceful, as if he was sleeping, but I knew better. I choke out sobs.

Luke had broken out of his shock and was calling someone, one of the boys probably. I continue to sob, I was covered in blood at this point, but I didn’t care. Luke hangs up the phone and kneels beside me.

“Isla, we need to go. Calum and Ash are on there way. There could still be demons around. We need to go now.” Luke says quietly.

“He can’t be gone. He just can’t be!” I scream. “We can’t just leave him here.”

“We have to, we’ll come back. I promise.” Luke pleads.

Despite the obvious desperation in Luke’s voice, I don’t move.

“I didn’t want to do this but you give me no choice.” He says.

I feel his arms wrap around me and lift me into the air. I scream and claw at his, trying to get him to let go.

“I’m sorry Isla.” He says, throwing me over his shoulder. I pound on his back, still screaming. He carries me out of the house and that is the last time I saw Michael’s body.

A/N I killed him, I'm sorry.