Epilogue

Epilogue

****ONE MONTH LATER****

I was walking with Luke in the forest behind our houses. He had woken me up at 5 in the morning to watch the sunrise with him. I follow him through the forest, tripping occasionally. I run into Luke after he stops abruptly.

“Close your eyes.” He whispers to me, turning his head slightly to look at me.

“Okay.” I sigh, shutting my eyes.

He takes my hand and guides me carefully through the forest.

Ever since they had wiped out that gang of demons everything has been calm. I was actually having fun in North Carolina instead of fearing for my life at every second. We still hadn’t found any clues to who had brought Michael back, but Michael had said himself that he didn’t really care. Luke and Michael have been discovering powers, which just made Liz worry. She worries that Luke will lose control of his powers and hurt someone. I had enough faith in Luke not to worry.

I was jolted out of my thought when I tripped on something. Luke steadies me.

“Don’t you dare open your eyes.” He exclaims, covering my eyes with his hand, “We’re almost there, don’t worry.”

He keeps his hand over my eyes and uses his other hand to guide me through the forest. We walk a little further and he stops me.

“Okay, you can open you eyes...” He pauses, “ now.”

He moves his hand and I gasp at the sight in front of me. He had taken me to this little meadow in the middle of the forest.It was full of wild flowers and grass that came up to my knees. The light was starting to shine on it, giving it a mystical feel.

“Luke, this is amazing.” I tell him, a smile spreading across my face.

I hear him giggle.

“C’mon lets watch the sunrise.” He says, walking out into the open.

I follow him to the middle of the meadow and we both sit down. The sky is a mixture of purples, pinks, and oranges. I lean back and take it all in.

“Hey, Isla. We’ve been really close for a while now right?” Luke asks, looking over at me.

“Yeah, we have. Why do you ask?” I say, raising an eyebrow.

“Well, it’s just, I want to be more than friends.” He starts. “So I was wondering if maybe we could go on a date.”

I giggle at his awkwardness.

“I would absolutely love to go on a date with you.” I tell him, smiling at him.

He returns the smile and looks back up at the sky.

“It really is beautiful.” I mutter to myself.

“Yeah.” Luke answers.

I yawn, looking back over at the edge of the forest. I could swear that I saw someone duck into the underbrush.

“What’s wrong?” Luke asks, looking in the same direction I was.

“Nothing, I just saw an animal or something.” I tell him.

That’s all it was right?

A/N That's the end of book one. I will be writing a sequel, I don't know when it will be posted though. Please comment and vote if you liked it! Love y'all- Tay