Movie Night

Chapter 2

I walk into the huge house. Michael suddenly comes bolting downstairs.

“SHE CAN’T COME IN YET!” He yells.

“Why?” Ashton questions.

“THE ROOM ISN’T DONE YET.” He screams. He was loud. I cover my ears slightly. Ashton looks at me and laughs.

“Luke!” Michael calls.

“What!” A deep voice calls back from the kitchen. He emerges with a sandwich in his hand.

“Take Isla and go for a walk or something.” He demands. Michael winks at me.

Luke looks at me up and down, giving me a dirty look. He looks back at Michael.

“NO.” Luke demands, going back into the kitchen. I stare at the closed door in shock. What an asshole.

“I’ll take you, Isla.” Ashton volunteers. I smile.

He walks out the door and I follow him. We began our walk. Once we were about a mile down the road, I saw two guys that look like they’re in their early twenties. I glance over at Ashton. He eyes are narrowed and his hands are clenched into fists at his sides. I lean closer to him once I see that the guys have the same unpleasant expression.

“Do you know them?” I whisper to him.

He nods,

“Yeah, they’re not exactly friendly.” He words seem to come out of his mouth in a growl.

“I can tell.” I comment.

He reaches his hand out and pushes me behind me.

“Stay behind me.” He growls and we approach them.

Ashton stops in front of them.

“Hey Ash. Who’s that you got there?” The ginger guys asks stepping forward.

“Nobody, now excuse me. We have somewhere to be.” He says through clenched teeth.

“Oooh. Is this that old hag’s daughter? You know that one you guys take care of.” The other guy sneers.

Ashton seems to almost snarl at them. His knuckles are white from clenching his fists so hard.

“I’d love to chat with you thick headed idiots all day, but as I said we have somewhere to be.” He growls at them, pushing past them. I follow without question. Before I can even think, a hand twists into my hair and pulls me back harshly. I scream in pain. In a flash of light, the hand leaves my hair and I’m laying on the ground clutching my head. I few seconds later Ashton is rubbing my head. the pain seems to melt away with his touch. I sit up.

“How did you do that?” I ask.

“Do what? C’mon Isla, we have to get out of here.” He grabs my hand and pulls me to my feet.

We walk about half a mile in silence. I had decided I wouldn’t ask any questions about what had happened. Once we arrive at a small town I ask.

“Where exactly are we going.” I laugh

“Obviously the fanciest store here,Walmart.” He insisted, laughing down at me.

We walk a little farther until the Walmart comes into view. Ashton stops and walks in front of me.

“What are you doing.” I question.

“Get on my back.” He demands.

“What?!” I exclaim.