Hideout

Chapter 13 Luke’s P.O.V

Ashton and I were waiting for Jack’s signal at the back of their hideout, which was an old warehouse. We had to wait a few hours for nightfall to execute our plan. I was leaning against the wall, breathing heavily. Ashton was watching intently for Jack, he was clutching an angel blade in his right hand.

We see Jack put off the signal and Ashton bursts through the door. We were met by two demons that were most likely guarding the back entrance. I sink my Angel Blade deep into the demon's chest. Ashton does the same. I remove my blade and the corpse falls to the ground, black smoke spilling out of his mouth.

The two of us continue on, Ashton leading and me behind him. We stop at the first door and kick it open. It’s empty but Ashton insists on searching it.

I’m watching the door for him when I hear a scream. It was Mali. I leave Ashton and run towards the voice. I run into the room where the voice came from. Calum and Alex are standing at alert at a demon, who had Mali at knife point.

“Nobody move, or she dies.” He warns.

I close my eyes and try to focus on the knife. I hear it fling out of his hand and hit the wall. I open my eyes in time to see Alex sink an angel blade into the demon's chest.

“Liz and Jack are cleaning out the other half of this place.” Alex says, helping Mali off the ground.

“We killed two guards by the backdoor.” Ashton tell him from behind me. I hadn't even heard him walk behind me.

“Good, we killed two outside.” Alex says, cleaning off his blade.

**************************************

I was with my mum and Jack, checking over the front of the warehouse. I was checking out a room when I hear my mother scream from a different room.

“Not again.” I whisper under my breathe as I run to her.

Two demons were in the room when I entered. One was holding an Angel Blade to my mums stomach, the other one had Calum pinned to the wall, his hand was wrapped around Calum’s neck.

“If you move they both die.” The demon in front of my mother warned.

        I hold up my hands in surrender. I close my eyes, feeling the anger well up in me. I can feel the room start to shake. I hear Calum scream. I open my eyes to see the demon pressing a blade into his stomach. I fling my hands out, the demon flies across the room. The other demon runs at me, but I fling him across the room as well. He hits the wall, almost going through it. I motion my hands again and black smoke spills out of both demons, leaving their corpses to lie dead against the wall. My mum and Calum look at me wide eyed and terrified. That was the last thing I saw before blacking out.