The End

Chapter 12

***2 Days later***

I was sitting on Luke’s couch, listening to everyone review the plan for today.

“Who’s going to watch the human?” Alex asks, using my newfound nickname.

“No demon is going to break into Luke Hemmings house, unless they have a death wish,” Ashton says, packing another Angel blade into the holster at his hips, “So we’re just going to leave her here. Hopefully we won’t be too long.”

“I think that is a horrible plan.” Luke calls from the kitchen.

“We don’t have anyone to spare.” Ashton argues.  

“I know, I just think it’s a bad idea.” Luke sighs in defeat.

Well at least he tried. I didn’t think it was a good plan either, but we didn’t really have a choice.

The half blonde-half brunette Jack sits beside me and turns on the T.V. Alex looks over at him and sighs. I had asked Ashton yesterday if there was something going on between the two of them and he said they denied anything and everything. I was convinced they were together. How could they not be?

“Are we almost ready?” Mali, Calum’s sister, calls from upstairs.

“Yeah, I think so.” Ashton calls back, making sure he had everything he needed.

I glance at the T.V, Jack had put Adventure Time on. I curl up on the couch and watch it with Jack. Luke walks in front of me and I shoo him away. He refuses to move, despite me smaking him on the leg several times. Jack gets up and walks behind Alex. It was painfully obvious that the two of them were terrified of Luke. Jack was obviously shocked by our playfulness. Luke plops down beside me, his hand resting on my lower thigh.

“Don’t leave the house while we’re gone, don’t open the door for anyone.” Luke starts.

“Don’t open the door at all.” Ashton adds.

“I know, I know.” I whine slightly.

They had this talk with me earlier. I’d heard it all before.

“We just want to make sure. I don’t want anything to happen to you.” Ashton insists.

“I know.” I say again.

Ashton walks over and flicks me lightly on the side of my head.

“Ow.” I exclaim, rubbing my head.

Ashton rolls his eyes. Mali and Calum come down stairs.

“Are we ready to go?” Calum asks, looking around at everyone.

A chorus of yes’s come from all directions. Luke stands up and I stand with him. All the boys, and Liz, hug me before leaving. I make sure all the doors and windows are shut and locked. I settle in and turn on a movie. The anxiety never leaves my stomach as the night passes.

***Two hours later***

It was dark out now and I was a little jumpy. Every little sound gave me goosebumps. The only light was the dull light of the T.V. I stand up and walk to the kitchen. I flip on the light and start to make myself something to eat when I hear a noise come from upstairs. I walk to the foot of the stairs and peer up. All I see is darkness. I shrug it off and walk back to the kitchen, leaving the door open. I was about to go back to the living room when the lights cut off. I yelp and drop the plate in my hands, it shatters on the tile floor. I hear laughter from the top of the stairs, it was scarily familiar. I run out of the kitchen, falling to the floor after bumping into something, or I should say someone. The lights cut on and I see that its the same demon who had beaten me the first time. I quickly make it my feet and jet up the stairs, taking them two a time. I hear laughter behind me.

“Let’s play Hide & Seek. You have until I get to 30 to hide.” He says,

"1-2-3" 

I continue upstairs and run into Luke’s room.

“5-6-7.”  He continues.

I look around and dive into Luke’s closet. I settle in the closet, hiding behind his guitar and a pile of clothes.

“25-26-27-28-29-30. Ready or not, I’m coming.” He yells.

I hear him walk up the stairs. I attempt control my breathing so it’s not so loud.

“Come out, come out, wherever you are.” He taunts, kicking open doors throughout the hallway.

Suddenly he kicks open Luke’s door and I jump. My breathing picks up and I panic. I hear him laugh.

“Oh, I know where you are now.” He laughs, slamming the door to the closet open.

I yelp as he grabs me. He throws me out of the closet and I land painfully as my elbow.

“Found you.” He whispers wickedly.

I scream, as loudly as I can. I crawl backwards on my back until my back hits Luke’s nightstand. He walks forward and I grab the lamp and fling it at the demon. He dodges it and laughs.

“You’re no match for me, human.” He growls.

He grabs the front of my shirt, lifts me up pinning me to the wall. I kick and scream. He slaps me in the face with his free hand, hard. I feel blood trickle down my face from my nose. I scream even louder and he growls.

“I’m so fucking done with you.” He says through clenched teeth.

He throws me on the hardwood floor. I hit my head painfully, I cry out in pain. Black spots dance over my vision.

“I’m just going to kill you and get this over with. Don’t worry I’ll make it nice and slow.” He laughs making a hand movement.

All the air leaves me lungs. I choke and cough, trying to bring air into my lungs again. The demon walks over, kicking me in the ribs. Everything starts to go black and I can feel myself losing consciousness. I think this is the end. Everything starts to fade and I can feel one lone tear fall down my face.