Plans

Chapter 11

Luke took me back to his house and helped me clean myself up. I try my best not to think about him, it wasn’t easy. I hadn’t known Michael for long, but him being gone still left this hole in my chest. Like something was missing.

When I go downstair, the rest of the boys are there. Ashton is sitting on the couch with his head in his hands and Calum is pacing around the room.

“This is all my fault.” I hear Ashton say under his breathe.

“No, it’s not. You had no idea they would do something like that.” I tell him, sitting beside him on the couch.

“You don’t understand. I confronted him this morning about how suspicious he was being. We had a fight. He got pissed and ran off. If I hadn’t confronted him, he would’ve stayed with you today. None of this would have happened.” He rambles. “It’s all my fucking fault.”

“It’s not your fault. You didn’t know, none of us knew.” I tell him.

I hug him from the side and nuzzle my face into his neck. He wraps his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him.

“I’m so sorry, Isla.” He whispers.

I start crying again, it quickly turns into sobbing. Ashton pulls me so I’m sitting in his lap and he holds me. Everyone is silent, that is until Calum breaks the silence.

“I know where their hiding out.”

Everybody looks at him in shock

****THAT NIGHT****

“We need to form a plan.” Luke says, sitting down at the table.

Liz was already sitting at the table. I was sitting between Luke and Ashton.

“We need back-up. Ashton do you anybody who could help?” Liz asks.

“I could see if Alex and Jack could help us.” Ashton says.

“Good. Calum see how soon you can get your sister into town.” She tells Calum.

He nods.

“We need to do this soon, if we wait too long they’ll move locations.” Luke mentions.

Everyody nods in agrrement.

“We can finish talking about this later. We have to get Isla home. It’s getting late.” Liz says.

Luke and I walk home in silence. When we get home, Michael’s body is gone and everything was cleaned up.

“Wow, when did you guys do this?” I ask him, the house looked better than it did before.

“We didn’t.” He says, worry is laced in his voice, “Maybe you should stay at my house tonight.”

“I’m sure it’s nothing. I think I want to sleep in my own bed tonight.” I tell him, looking at him desperatly. 

“At least let me search the place.” He reasons.

I nod. He runs up the stairs, searching every room in the house.

“Okay, everything is fine. Go upstairs and get to sleep. We’re going to settle this and avenge Michael. I promise.” Luke says, pulling me into a tight hug.

“Okay.” I say, tears falling down my face.

Luke lets me go and I slowly climb the stairs to my bedroom. I collapsed onto my bed and sobs wrack my body as the events of today come back full force. I hear Luke walk into my room. He climbs in bed beside me and wraps his arms around my waist. I grab him and bury my face into his chest. He rubs my back in a comforting manner, humming softly into my hear. I feel myself calm down slowly. I fall asleep in his arms to the sound of his voice.