Her.

Chapter 9

2 WEEK LATER

Nothing interesting had happened for the last two weeks. I’d spent most my days watching T.V with one of the boys or playing video games. Ever since the last attack Michael has seemed distant. Calum hasn’t been able to figure out anything from watching him. None of them have been able to find out anything on the demons either. The only positive thing that had happened was that we hadn’t had any more attacks since that night with Luke.

It was about midnight and I couldn’t sleep. I get out of bed and peak out my window. Michael was sitting in my backyard. His eyes meet mine and he waves for me to come down. I slip down the stairs and out the backdoor carefully. I walk over and sit beside him.

“Hi.” I say to him, peering up at the stars.

“Hello. I wanted to talk to you about Ashton and Luke.” He tells me.

“What about them?” I ask, I’d become quite close to Luke in the last few weeks.

“You do know that you can’t be with Ashton or he’ll fall from heaven?” He asks me, I nod.

“What about Luke?” I whisper.

“He’s too powerful, they wouldn’t be able to rip his wings out.” He explains.

I lean back into the grass, still staring at the stars. We sit in silence for a few moments.

“How did you lose your wings?” I finally ask Michael, glancing over at him.

I see him sigh ever so slightly.

“I’d never felt so in love before, and I’ll never be in love like that again. She was my everything, she still is my everything. I was glad to fall for her, so I could be with her. I would've pulled the moon and the stars down for her.” He tells me, not looking over at me but looking intently at the stars, “The way Luke looks at you reminds me of the way I used to look at her.”

“What happened to her?” I ask, looking at him.

“After I fell from heaven, I went looking for her. By the time I’d found her demons had killed her. They ripped her to shreds.” I saw a lone tear fall down Michaels face.

“I’m so sorry Michael.” I say, sitting up.

I hug him from the side and he nuzzles his head into my shoulder.

“I just don’t want to see the same thing happen to you.” he says, although his voice is muffled.

“It won’t. We’ll figure this all out.” I tell him,

“I hope so.” He lets go of me, but keeps his arm around my shoulder.

Every suspicion I had about Michael faded away after that. We sat there and gazed at the stars until I finally fell asleep beside Michael. I woke up the next day laying in my own bed.

A/N Sorry this is super short, it's a filler chapter. The next chapter will be longer.