Bad Feelings

Chapter 7 Isla’s P.O.V

I stare at the bruises that go up my stomach. I wince as I run my hands over them. I throw the black v-neck over my head and cover the bruises on my arm with concealer. I throw a beanie over my head before leaving my room. My mom had gone straight to bed after work last night so I had the house to myself for the day. I go into the Media Room and make myself comfortable on the white couch.

Michael’s white fluffy head pops up from behind the couch I was sitting on. I scream and fall to the floor.

“Hi, Isla!” He yells.

“You need to stop doing that.” I tell him, getting back on the couch.

He hops over it and sits next to me.

“Where is everybody else?” I ask him.

“Out searching for the demons hideout.” He tells me, “I’ve been sent to keep you company for the day. We should watch a movie.”

“Uh, what movie should we watch?” I ask, looking at him.

“We should watch...Coraline.” He says, getting up and getting the movie.

He pops the movie into the DVD player and plops down beside me on the couch.

“The last few days have been so stressful for you, it’s time for you to relax.” Michael declares.

I laugh and press play on the movie.

****************************************

Coraline had just finished playing Michael was already on to the next thing.

“C’mon, I’m going to take you out for pizza.” He says pulling me off the couch.

“There are no pizza places close to here, Ashton already walked me down the nearest town.” I tell him as he practically drags me out the door.

“There is one about 45 minutes away.” He declares walking me down the street to Luke’s house.

He walks me into Luke’s house and Liz is making food in the kitchen.

“Hello, Michael. What do you need?” She asks from where she stood over the stove.

“Ashton’s car keys, I wrecked mine last week.” He says.

I give him a look and he just shrugs.

“They’re on the table. Don’t crash Ashton’s car, he’ll kill you.” She warns.

Michael takes the keys and drags me out to Ashton’s Hummer. He opens the door and helps me inside. He jumps into the drivers side and starts the car.

“So, Ashton won’t mind you driving his car?” I say just to keep a conversation going.

“As long as I don’t destroy it, I don’t think he’ll care.” He says.

As we drive I realize how Michael crashed his own car. He constantly drove at least 15 miles over the speed limit and took turns like he was on a race track. Despite my seatbelt, I was still thrown around the seat like a ragdoll.

We made small talk as he drove to this “really cool” pizza place.

“You’re going to love this place!” He exclaimed,.

I giggle at his enthusiasm. I’ve never seen anyone get so excited about pizza before. We finally enter this city he was talking about and he pulled into the a pizza place. The name was in Italian and I could even pronounce it, not to mention the fact that barely anyone was there.

“Are you sure about this? There’s nobody here.” I say, giving Michael a look.

“They’re underrated, but awesome.” Michael says, smiling at me.

“Ok.” I say, opening the door.

I jump out of the car and Michael is already walking to the front doors. I run to catch up with him. I have a bad feeling about this.

“Michael can we just go home. I really don’t want pizza.” I tell him, grabbing his arm.

He looks at me.

“Are you sure you want to go home?” He says, sounding sad and defeated.

I nod, the bad feeling growing stronger with every second of being there in that parking lot. He looks back at the restaurant, it was almost like he was looking for someone.

“Fine, go wait in the car. I’ll be right there.” He says, without even looking back at me.

I go back to the car and crawl back into it. I settle into the seat and try to see if I can see Michael from the car. He’d parked in the back, so I couldn’t see anything. The bad feeling still remained. A few minutes later, he comes out with a pizza box in his hand. He gets in the car, setting the pizza in the backseat.

“We can watch another movie once we get home.” He says, pulling out of the deserted parking lot.

The bad feeling started to subside as we drove down the highway.

“Okay, do you know when the other guys will be home?” I ask him, leaning back in the leather seat.

“I don’t know. What’s wrong? Don’t want to hang out with me anymore?” He asks, laughing nervously

“It’s not that. I just have this bad feeling.” I admit, shrugging.

“See I told you, you’re to stressed.” He says, turning into a road.

“Yeah, probably.” I sigh, staring out the window.

We get home and spend the rest of the day watching movies and eating pizza.

A/N: Sorry this is late and short, I’ve been busy. What do you guys think of the album?