Angels and Demons

Chapter 3

I awoke to the smell of cooking bacon coming from the kitchen. I fling my arm out, my hand hitting something fluffy. I hear a soft “Ow.”

I open my eyes and look around. Michael is laying beside the couch. His eyes aren’t open, but he’s holding his head. I sit up and carefully maneuver my way to the kitchen. Luke was standing over a pan of bacon, shirtless. I bite my lip from the doorway, careful not to alert him of my presence. I watch him as he flips the bacon skillfully. His back muscles were tense and something was off. I could see two outlines going down his backside. I narrow my eyes to see better. It was almost as if they were glowing. Suddenly, I could see two beautiful white wings emerging from his back, the tips were splattered black. I wipe my eyes.This can’t be real. When I look back up, Luke is standing less than an inch away from me. I jump back in fright.

“Ah, you scared me.” I laugh, still shaken from before.

His eyebrow perked up.

“How long have you been standing here?” He asks, staring down at me.

“Like five m-minutes.” I stutter, suddenly aware of his angry demeanor.

I step back and trip on the door jamb. I fall back, hitting my elbow painfully of the hardwood floor. I wince in pain, rubbing my elbow.

His expression seems to soften when he looks at me.

“Are you alright?” He holds out his hand for me to take.I nod and place my hand in his. He lifts me up like I’m made of nothing. Once I’m on my feet again he lets go of my hand. He glares down at me once he sees I’m okay.

“You shouldn’t sneak up on people.” He growls slightly as he stomps back to the kitchen.

“Why have you been such an asshole since I got here?” I ask, anger welling up in me.

“Because you’re just going to be trouble for all of us! You already got Ashton in trouble yesterday!” He yells.

“You mean those guys?” I ask, bewildered by what he had just said.

“Yeah, he told us the whole thing. See you’re already causing problems for us!” His voice raises again. Making me cower slightly, memories of my fathers yelling flooding back. Despite this, I held my ground.

“How was that my fault!” I yell back at him.

“If you hadn’t of been there, he wouldn’t have acted like that!” He explains, still yelling.

“You’re fucking insane, you know that.” I yell, stomping back into the large media room. All the guys are awake now, except Michael. He was still snoring, except he had moved to the couch I had slept on. Ashton and Calum’s expressions were both pure concern.

“I’ll go talk to Luke.” Calum says, disappearing into the kitchen.

I walk over to the left couch and sit next to Ashton. He wraps his arm around my shoulder,

“He was wrong. It wasn’t your fault, if anything it was my fault for instigating them.” He whispers to me, his hot breath tickling my ear. I lean into him.

“I just don’t understand why he hates me so much.” I tell him, staring at the carpeted floor.

Yelling leaks from the kitchen and I look up at the door. Calum burst through the door.

“Luke doesn’t mean it.He’s just being grumpy, he’s always like that with new people.” Calum explains, sitting beside me on the couch.

“Yeah, that’s what Michael told me.”I sigh.