I'm Not Scared

Although my torso still ached, I woke up feeling way better than I did when I had fallen asleep earlier. The only lights on were the fairy lights hanging over my bed. I sit up and stretch my arms over my head. I look over to my bedside table where a small note was. I pick up the small piece of paper, it read:

“Meet us at Luke’s house at 7, we need to talk. -Cal”

I click on my phone to see that its already 6:40. I quickly get out of bed. I throw on a thin hoodie to cover my arms, which had several bruises on them. I could hear my mom making dinner downstairs. I jog down the flight of stairs and slip out the door before my mother could see that I was awake. I walk down the side of the dirt road. The sun was just starting to set, and the temperature was starting to cool down slightly. It wasn’t long until I was standing outside of Luke’s house. All the lights were on and all of the boys cars were in the driveway, I was a little scared. I knew they wanted to talk about what happened earlier. I walk up the steps and knock on his front door. Liz opens it and pulls me into a hug.

“I’m so glad that you’re okay.” She whispers into my ear.

I wince and she pulls back.

“Oh sorry, forgot that you’re probably still very fragile.” She apologizes.

“It’s okay.” I assure.

She ushers me inside. All the boys, except for Ashton, are sitting at the dining room table. Calum looks kinda pissed. I wonder if his anger was directed at me. Liz tells me to take a seat and I sit between Michael and Luke.

“Where the fuck is Ashton, he’s the one who got us into this mess.” Calum says angrily.

Well at least now I know he wasn’t mad at me. I fiddle with my fingers under the table to pass the time. Someone pokes me in the side and I wince. I look up and Luke is looking at me with concern.

“Are you okay?” He whispers soft enough so that only I can hear.

“I mean aside from being beaten, I’m dandy.” I whisper back.

“I’m sorry about that, I should have followed you after you ran out of the house.” He apologizes.

“It’s not your fault, I shouldn’t have ran down the street by myself.” I tell him.

Suddenly Ashton walks through the door. His hair was messed up, almost as if he had just woken up.

“I came as soon as I got your message.” Ashton explains.

He runs over to where I’m sitting and pulls me into a hug. I wince and his arms loosen slightly,but he doesn’t let go. I hug him back.

“Ashton we need to talk.” Calum says sternly.

Ashton lets me go, but stands behind me.

“I know.” he says.

Suddenly my phone goes off. It was a text from my mother.

It read: “Dinner is ready, I don’t know where you are but come home right now.”

Ashton reads it over my shoulder.

“I have to go guys. My mom said I to be home.” I say quietly.

“I’ll walk her home.” Ashton volunteers.

“No.” They all say in unison.

“Luke walk her home and come straight back.” Liz tells Luke.

I stand up and Ashton pulls me into another hug. I tell everyone bye. Luke follows me out the door.

“So, the last two days have been pretty crazy for you.” Luke says as we walk.

“Yeah, they have.” I laugh.

I look at Luke and can’t help but think about what Michael had said earlier to that guy.  

“Can I ask you a question?” I ask him.

“Sure.” He tells me, raising an eyebrow.

“Earlier when Michael was trying to stop that guy, he threatened to get you and Ashton. He seemed to get really scared at that. I was just wondering why. I mean no offense, but you’re not really scary.” I tell him.

To my surprise, he laughs.

“Do you remember how I told you I was half Angel and half demon?” He asks.

“Uh, yeah.”

“Well, I’m the only one of my kind. I’m apparently very powerful and feared by all and all that stuff.” He explains. “It’s all BS really. As long as I don’t get pissed off, I’m not that scary.”

“So you’re like the Hulk?” I ask, a smile spreads across my face.

He laughs. I’m not gonna lie, he looked really good when he laughed.

“Well kinda, minus the whole buff green monster thing.” He laughs, “The only thing that sucks is that everyone is scared of me, even my mom.”

He stops smiling and looks down at his shoes.

“Hey,” I say, grabbing his hand. “I’m not scared of you. Actually I don’t think I could ever be scared of you.”

“Really?” He asks me, looking up at me with his sad blue eyes. I could feel myself melt under his gaze.

“Yes, really. I don’t lie.” I say.

He smiles, entwining our fingers together. We walk like that until we’re standing outside my house.

“Uh, bye, I guess.” I say, smiling at my own awkwardness.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” He says, smiling.

I turn my head to look at my house. I turn my head to look back at Luke and his lips are on mine.

Luke pulls away almost instantly.

“I-I meant to kiss you on the c-cheek.” He explains, a blush creeps onto his cheeks.

I laugh, my own cheeks growing hot. Luke is looking at his shoes again,blushing. I stand on to tip-toes and kiss him on the cheek before running inside. I glance behind me to see Luke walking away with the biggest smile on his face.

A/N: Thank you to Phangaroo for making my new cover.

.