This Isn't Her Fight

Chapter 4

I run after Ashton, I hear Liz behind me as I run down the street. I turn a corner, into an old barn’s side yard. I walk behind it, looking around for him. I shove my hands into the pockets of my shorts. I hear a bang behind me and whip around. Something ducks into the barn as I turn.

“Ashton?”I call.

I walk cautiously over to the hole in which the mysterious figure had disappeared into. I peer into it and see something move around again, hiding behind some rusted farm equipment.  

“Who’s in there?” I call again.

No answer came. I decide that whatever it was, it wasn’t Ashton. I turn back around and start to walk back to the front of the barn. Something hard hits the back of my head and I fall forward onto my knees. Pain erupts from the back of my skull, leaving me in agony. I place my hands on the back of my hand, it wasn’t bleeding as I thought it would be. Tears fall from my eyes as I let out this sort of choked scream. I hear footsteps behind me and I turn my head slightly. One of the guys from yesterday is walking to me with a smirk on his face. I go down on my hands and knees and attempt to crawl away from him. I hear laughter followed by a kick in the ribs. I fall to my side and clutch my side.

“You’re not going anywhere. Ashton isn’t here to save you this time.” He laughs as I whimper slightly.

“Why are you doing this to me.” I cry out.

“If you haven’t figured it out already, Ashton has pissed of an entire gang of powerful demons. We’re tired of him thinking he owns this town because he’s an angel. He’s reached the last straw with us and this is us seeking revenge.” He explains, ending with a swift kick to my stomach.

I scream out in agony. He grabs me by my hair and pulls me up so I’m on my feet again.

“Shut the fuck up. If somebody comes down here, I will kill them, and it will be all your fault. Are you going to shut up now?” He whispers in my ear.

I nod, whimpering.

“Good girl.” He praises, dropping me to the ground again.

I close my eyes. I’m not overly religious nor do I pray much, but right now, I prayed for Ashton or somebody to show up and save me.My head throbs and my torso aches. I sob quietly on the ground.

“Stand up!” He orders.

I pull myself to my knees. I’m shaking so badly that I don’t think I could stand up even if I wanted to.

“I can’t.” I tell him.

“I said to stand up!” He yells, grabbing my arm and roughly pulling me to my feet.

“Let her go and back away from her right now.” A deep voice says from the shadows.

“Michael!” I cry out.

The guy slaps me in the face, still holding me up my my elbow.

“Didn’t you hear me. I said let her go.” He growls, stepping from the shadows.

“This fight isn’t with you Clifford.” He says.

“It isn’t with her either. Now just let her go.” He points out.

He looks as if he’s considering this.

“And if I don’t?” He asks.

“I’m going to call Ashton and Luke down here and they can handle you.” He explains with a smirk on his face.

“Luke as in Luke Hemmings?” He asks shakily.

Was this prick scared of Luke?

“The one and only.” Michael smirks.

The man throws me in Michaels direction and his arms wrap around my shoulders. He lifts me up so that he is holding me bridal style. I whimper.

“This isn’t over Clifford.” The man says before disappearing.

I buried my head into Michael’s chest and cried. I felt so weak and pathetic. He carried me home ad set me on my bed before going to get Ashton. I fall asleep before he gets back.