Chapter 14

I wake up feeling so tired, but I couldn't sleep in for the rest of the day. Arthur was laying beside me sleeping and I decided to climb over him to get to the bathroom. After successfully climbing over him without waking him up, I walk into the bathroom to pee.

My mind went through every situation about what if I took a test and it was positive. What would I do? How would Arthur react if I told him? And much worse. How would my dad react? One thing is for sure and that was that my dad probably kills Arthur if he knew.

All this thinking made me sick and I had to get off the toilet to vomit. After wiping my mouth and pulling up my panties up there's a knock at the door.

"Are you okay in there?" Arthur asks from the other side and I walk over to the sink to brush my teeth. "Yeah, everything is okay" I say before I put the brush in my mouth.

When I open the door minutes later he is standing outside the door waiting for me. "Are you sure that you are okay?" He asks one more time and I just smile at him before I open my mouth to answer him. "Yeah, I probably just ate something bad yesterday" I answer him and walk past him and over to my bag to get dressed. 

"Why did you just disappear from me last night anyway? I thought you were walking in with me?" I ask as I pull a pair of sweatpants over my hips. "I don't like crowds, and I had no idea that your dad had invited the whole town to celebrate you" He replies and smile back at me.

I make some breakfast for us and was actually surprised that Arthur had been buying food ever since I started hanging out here often. I also think he appreciated me making some proper meals for him as well. My cooking skills was well appreciated here, and I could thank both my mom and Palina for them.

While I'm standing over the oven cooking up some sausages and eggs, Arthur comes walking up behind me and puts his arms around my waist and kisses me on my neck. I smile and turn my head, so he can plant one on my lips as well. "I would not have coped with myself if you weren't here, and if I wouldn't have gotten to you in time" he says while he is watching what I am doing over my shoulder. "Yeah, I didn't know what I was thinking" I answer him and keep my eyes on the pan.

We eat breakfast while I'm reading my book sitting on Arthur's lap since this place lacked a dining table. "What do you wanna do today?" He asks, and I put my book down to look at him. "I don't know, I guess I have to pop into the pub and apologize for disappearing on them last night. "Okay, then let's do that" He answer me, and I smile at him before I put my book down at the table beside us. I hadn't almost touched the food, but I tried to get something down before I give the rest to Arthur who was enjoying the food.

I couldn't stop thinking about if there was a slight possibility that I was pregnant with Arthur. "There is something wrong. Come on! Tell me" Arthur says and I look down at where his hand is touching mine. "No, I can't" I answer, and he looks at me. "I know something is wrong and I want you to tell me" He demands, and I sigh. I guess I had to tell him, but I wanted to be sure about it first.

"I guess I am just thinking about that Alex almost ended up killing me a few nights ago and nobody would even care to do something about it. I told my dad when he came here, but Alex was still on the party last night" I say, and I can see Arthur's face expression getting tense. "I will kill that guy if he touches you again" He says and places a hand on the same cheek as Alex had hit me. I lean into his hand and close my eyes for a few seconds before I open them again.

"My dad thinks I am asking for trouble hanging out with you and not the youth in this town" I say and hold his hand against my cheek. "He just wants the best for you" He answer me, and I sigh. "Why do you say it like that? I think you are one of the best things that have happened to me" I say and smile at him before he pulls my face to his and kisses me.

We walk towards the pub and inside Arthur walks over to the bar where Victor is noting the bottles he has left down on his pad. "Hi" I say, and he lifts his head to look at me and smile back. "Hi, haven't seen you guys for a while" He says and pulls up a glass for Arthur as he sits down. "I apologize for disappearing last night" I tell him. "We were quite worried when your dad couldn't find you and Arthur came without you" He says, and I look over at Arthur.

Did he come here after being with Mera last night? "Oh, I was just getting some air" I lie, and Arthur keeps a straight face since he really knew what happened last night and I regret it so much. "Well, we have closed for today, so I guess there aren't any work for you here today" Victor says and I nod.

I walk into the kitchen where Palina is also checking the storage. "Hi" I say, and she turns around. "Hi you! What happened to you last night? You disappeared before we brought out your cake" she says and walk over to the fridge.

She puts the cake on the counter and I look at the delicious masterpiece in front of me. No one had eaten from it yet and it looked to yummy to waste. "We can have a little private party. You, me, Victor and Arthur?" I say, and she smile. "Okay then go out there and I will bring it in" she says, and I smile at her before I walk out with some plates. I sit down next to Arthur and hand out the plates before Palina comes walking out with the cake seconds after. She has even lit some candles on it as well and puts the cake down in front of me. "Happy Birthday Elena" Palina says and I smile wide before I blow out the candles. I cut the cake myself and hand out pieces before we all enjoy Palina's delicious cake in silence.

After eating a piece and Arthur eating several more we decided to head back to his house. We brought with us some more of the cake before we walked out the doors. As we walked pastthe pharmacy I dwelled on if I should've made Arthur walk ahead so I could buy the tests now.

"You can walk ahead, I need to buy something at the shop, but I will be with you right after" I say and stop. "I can come with you" Arthur saysand turn around. " No! No, there is no need" I reply, and he looks at mequestioningly, but lets it pass. "Ok, I'll be waiting for you back at the house" He says and watch him walk away and disappear behind a building before I walk towards the pharmacy.