Chapter 3

I wake up gasping and my head hurts tremendously. I look down and realize that my clothes are gone and that I am sitting all alone in a stranger's house covered with a blanket and just in my underwear. There were empty bottles of whiskey everywhere and my clothes was hanging on the chair by the fireplace. Where was I? Whose house was this?

My questions are soon answered as the door opens and Arthur is in the doorway. He just looks at me and I cover myself even more with the blanket. "So, you're up? Finally" He says and walk inside before closing the door. "Yeah. I guess" I answer and put a hand to my head because of the headache. "I'll try make you some tea" he says and walks over to what seems like his kitchen. He pours some water into a pot and put it on the oven.

I wanted to get to my clothes, but I couldn't reach them without him seeing me in my underwear. Though I had a feeling that he was the one that undressed me. "What were you doing on the beach in the middle of the night in a storm?" He asks me, and I sit up with my back against the wall. "I was looking for you, you seemed angry when you walked by my house" I say, and he walks over to the chair and gather my clothes. "Ah, and you decided to follow me in the dark" He answers and walks over to me before handing me my clothes. "Yeah, I wanted to thank you for the dance" I say, and he laughs before the pot starts howling.

While he makes the tea, I try to put my jeans back on and as I turn around I can see him watching me pulling the hem over me hips. "What are you looking at?" I ask, and he just smiles before he reach out his arm to hand me the cup of tea. I walk over to him and grab the cup, he smiles at me and I take a sip of the tea. "I will not say" he answers, and I just smile at him before taking another sip from the tea.

We start walking back to the town half an hour later. My shift started in two hours, so I had enough time to get home and take a shower before leaving. "Where did you go last night?" I say, and he puts a hand through his long wavy hair. "Just taking a walk" He answers shortly, and I look up at him as he looks over the sea and the waves coming in. I didn't ask more questions as we were walking in an awkward silence until we reach the shipwreck.

"I think we should split up from here, if your dad sees me with you, you will get in trouble" He says and stop. "Yeah, I think I already am in enough trouble" I reply and turn around to face him. "Well, see you later" He says and is about to turn around when I grab his arm and he stops and look at my hand touching his lower arm.

I walk closer before I am standing at my tip toes kissing his cheek. "Thanks for saving me" I whisper and let go of him. I walk away and as I turn the corner of the stone wall my dad shows up.

"Elena! Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you!" He says and hugs me tightly. "I was just watching the waves by the shipwreck last night and fell asleep somehow" I lie, and he lets me go. "Well, I had to find you before I left again. Some of the boats have had some luck out there in the storm last night and the captain wants to go out again" He says, and I sigh. "Okay, how long will you be away for?" I ask, and we start walking towards the house. "Three days" He answers shortly.

Two hours later I'm starting my shift and had said goodbye to dad who had left me again. We didn't spend too much time together anymore as he was either at the boat or at the pub drinking. He had lectured me at speaking to Arthur and I had made sure that he had nothing to worry about.

I was in a good mood and Palina seemed to notice as I hummed while giving her the orders and picking up the orders to serve. "How are you so happy today?" she asks before I leave the kitchen again. "No particular reason" I answer and walk out of there before she asks any more questions.

It was quite few people in here today, so I spent most of the time cleaning the dishes and cleaning tables. I was hanging over the bar and watching the football game they sent when he walked through the doors and my eyes immediately met his as he walked over and sat down in front of me. "Hi" I say smiling. "Hi" he answers back and smile before picking up a glass from behind the counter. "The usual?" I ask, and he smiles as I already knows what he is going to say.

I turn around and grabbed the bottle of whiskey on the shelf before I poured it into his glass. He grabs it and raise it before he downs it all. "More?" I ask with the bottle ready. "No, I was actually here to get you" he says, and I stare at him surprised. "Me? For what?" I ask curiously, and he just smiles. "I want to show you something" He says and gets up from the chair. "I can't go, I'm working" I answer and put the bottle back on the shelf. "Oh, I think that your lunchbreak starts now. I'll have you back in 20 minutes" He says and look over at Victor who is just smiling, and I just smile before I leave my apron at the bar.

I follow him down at the beach and we walk alongside the big cliff and I can see that the tide is drawn back. This must have been plan well for the water to be gone on the exact time that we are walking here.

I suddenly lose my balance, but Arthur grabs my hand before I fall. He pulls me with him and we are soon standing at the opening of what seems like an underwater cave. I am curious of nature and walk first inside to see where this leads us. The cave leads into a giant space where the sun shines down from a hole in the cave roof. There are rocks in the walls looking like glass that reflects from the sun like a disco ball. "What do you think?" He asks as he is watching me looking like a little kid while looking around. "I love it! It is so beautiful here" I answer him and look at him smiling.

"How did you find this place?" I ask him as I enjoy the sight some more. "Well you'll find a lot of treasures if you look hard enough" he answers, and I laugh about the fact that he used the word treasure for this place. This place looked like it was taken out of a fairy-tale.

"Well I should get you back, so they don't worry about you" he says, and I nod. I slip as I walk over to him, but he reacts in a split second and catches me. I stare into his eyes before I lean in to kiss him, but he dodges me and let go of my arms.

"You are a clumsy girl" he says as we are walking towards the shore again. The tide was coming back real fast and it had almost reached the cliff wall. This was awkward how when I tried to kiss him he dodged me and talk to me like I am a child. He would probably not speak to me again after this.

As we reach the beach again he stops and turn towards me. "I have to go do something" he says and then he just walks away from me without a single goodbye. "Okay, bye" I say after him and head back to the pub. I were now embarrassed as I walked back to the pub and crossed my arms over my chest. I can't believe I was so stupid for thinking that there was a connection between us, but I guess that just came from my teenage hormones.

"Did you have fun?" Palina asks as I walk into the kitchen while tying my apron around my waist. "Yeah I guess so" I answer her, and she looks at me questioningly. "Is something wrong?" She asks as I pick up the plates for some of the tables out there. "No there is nothing wrong" I answer and give her a convincing smile. The rest of the shift went by fast and I couldn't wait to get home and bury my head down like an ostrich.

I went by the local store and bought some more food when I noticed someone walking up beside me. I turn around and stare into two blue eyes. I had seen this guy before at the pub and I guess he was about my age maybe a few years older. "Hi" He says smiling cheeky and I smile back at him. "Hi" I reply and pick down a bottle of milk from the fridge. "Your name is Elena, right?" He continues and I just nod. "Well, I am Alex and I am inviting you to a party tomorrow at the ruins" He says and soon get joined by his friends. "I hope to see you there" he says before walking past me and towards the door. "It starts at 9" He yells after me as they walk outside.

There was a storm brewing as the sun went down and I hoped that dad was okay out there at sea. I sit by the window in my room with my book and having a cup of tea before going to bed. I also wondered what Arthur was doing, but it reminded me of that awkward episode earlier today, so I tried to forget it.

It was also a first that I had been invited to a party since I got here. I had heard the music a couple times and some of them had been at the pub for pre-drinks before they went up there. I was working tomorrow night, but I decided ask Victor if I could leave earlier.