Chapter 23

I woke up with Arthur's arms wrapped around me and his front towards my back. I managed to wiggle myself out of his hold and sit up. He shifted and turned away from me, still sleeping, but as I tried to move some more he moved again.

I sat still, pulled my legs to my chest and watched him sleep. I still wondered  why he didn't wanted to become king of Atlantis. He seemed like it didn't matter, but it was a big deal. Would me leaving for school help with that?

I climbed over him and pulled on a pair of shorts before I picked up my  lap top and sat down in the chair. My life was on hold till I found out what I was going to do with it, and I thought now was the time to do something. I searched up the few schools I had thought about applying. There was one in London and one in Gotham City whom I thought had the best marine biologist programs. I looked into the both of them and applied to them both.

The deadline for applying was in a few weeks and they would send out the admission letters a month after that. I would have enough time to work some more shifts and earn a bit more money so I could rent an apartment.

"What are you doing?" He suddenly asks me and I look up to see him lying in bed, looking at me. "Applying for schools? It is not sure I am getting in anyway" I answer him and put my lap top down on the small table beside the chair. "I'm sure you are getting in" he replies and I sighed before I got up and walked over to him. "First there is one thing I have to find out"I say and sit down at the bed before I touched my stomach.

We walked to the pub to get some breakfast before I started my shift. I wondered what Arthur spent everyday doing. What he saw when he went into the sea.

Arthur sat down in a booth all the way back in the corner and I went into the kitchen to get some breakfast from Palina. As I step into the kitchen she is standing by the kitchen counter working on what seemed like a bread dough. She looks up and smiles as she notices me.

"Good morning Palina" I speak and smile as she put the dough in a bowl and wipe her hands on her apron. "Good morning Elena" she replies and walks over to the oven. "What are you doing here so early? You don't start for another two hours" she says as she pulls the newly baked bread out of the oven. It smelled heavenly as always. "Well me and Arthur wondered if we could have some breakfast here before I start my shift?" I ask and fiddle with the piece of cloth that was lying on the counter while I wait for a reply. "Of course, I'll bring in the daily breakfast option on the menu" she answers and I smile back at her before I walk into the other room, and sit down on the opposite of the beautiful man in the corner.

I sat there admiring him as he ate the rest of my food. I thought about the next few weeks and how life would be planned just by some answers on a test. If the test was positive, I couldn't go to London or Gotham to go to school. But if the test was negative, would I be leaving everything here.

"What are you thinking about?" Arthur asks as he pushes the plate to the side before he leans back in his seat. The light in the ceiling didn't light up this booth that good so his face hid in the shadow, his eyes glowing at me as he looked at me. "Nothing much" I answer, knowing what he will say next. "Don't lie to me" he replies, just as I predicted. "I am thinking about the choices I have to make for my future, prepare myself for it" I tell in a sigh. "We'll just have to wait and see then" he say and somehow makes a smile a pops up on my face from his answer. He seemed so controlled, like he was prepared for everything.

We sat there for another hour before my shift was about to start. More people had came into the pub. The boats had started coming in again, so the fishers came in for their celebratory drink to celebrate a good fishing trip. Some of them looked over at us in the corner heile they talked, but Arthur didn't seem to mind.

"Well I guess I have to start at work now" I say and get up from the booth. I lean down towards him, and our lips meet in a small kiss. I pick up the plates and give Arthur a smile before turning around to walk into the kitchen.
Suddenly I feel someone pulling on the right back pocket of my jeans and turn me around.

Arthur grabs my face with his hands kiss me again, while everyone else was watching. I smiled against his lips and as he pulled away from me I saw him smiling too. "You are mine" he says and pulls his thumb over my lower lip. "I'm all yours" I reply and lean into one of his hands still wrapped around my cheeks.

As he lets me go I turn around to walk out of the room when he gives my behind a slap and I look back at him and he chuckles back at me. I didn't care about all the stares, I was Arthur's for as long as he would have me"