Epilogue

A few days later...

The whole town was together at the town hall. Victor comforted Palina while she cried. They were all dressed in black. Standing the corner of the room is a picture of a dark-haired girl, her brown eyes are slightly lit up by the light as she looked back at the camera. She looked young and couldn't be older than 16-17 on the picture.

That girl was me. I looked around in the room looking for the face I was dreading to see. I saw my dad looking down at something in his hand. He was holding onto the sweater I wore the day I died. It had bloodstains on it, but that didn't stop him from hugging it to his body while his new wife was comforting him as tears fell from her eyes, too.

Next to her was a bruised Alex, with crutches supporting him. I guess it meant he had survived the accident at sea the same day that ended up being my last. Sighing, I walked up to my dad and crouched down. I put my hand on top of his, but he didn't react to it. Well, that wasn't really a surprise knowing I was in the chest at on the other side of the room.

"Don't worry dad, you'll be fine. I'll tell mom you said hello when I see her," I tell him before pulling away. I then walked over to Palina and Victor where I put my hand on Palina's shoulder. It was hard seeing them like this because of me, but I knew that they one day would move on and get on with their lives.

There was one special person missing from this gathering and I guess I already knew where he was. I left the building and made my way up onto the cliffside where I found Arthur staring out onto the ocean. I walked up beside him and looked up at before looking out onto the same direction he was. The sun was on its way down and was shining brightly as it did.

"I wish you were still here" He suddenly says, and I look back at him. "I know, I wish I was too" I reply knowing full well that he wouldn't hear me. "I will do as you asked me to, I promise" He continues, and I smile before walking closer to him and jump up giving him a kiss on the cheek.

I stood there next to him some more, watching the sun hitting the horizon before he turned around to leave. I stood back watching walk a few feet away from me before I felt something moving in my arms and looked down to see a baby was wriggling in my arms looking up at me with small eyes. Their eyes were the same as Arthur and I couldn't help the tears making their way down my cheek.

"Hey little one" I say, and it responds to me by letting out a little sound. Looking back up I see Arthur had stopped and he turned around again. It felt like our eyes met as he stared directly at me and smiled.

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to se my mom standing next to me, smiling at me like she always had. Her hair as beautiful as I remembered it. She looked down and smiled at the little one before looking back up at me with the same smile. "You ready to go, my baby?" She asks and I nod. She backing up towards a bright light and is reaching out a hand at me.

Before walking I take one more look at Arthur who was still standing there. "I love you always. My Aquaman" I say and walk towards my mom taking her hand as we walk into the bright light. 

THE END....

Thanks for reading!