Chapter 8

The sun shine in on us as I open my eyes and is wrapped into Arthurs arms. I smile as I feel his warm breath on my neck and chuckle when I realized his hand has a firm grip around one of my breasts. I move around, and he grip on even tighter making me moan out loud and he grunts behind me. "Arthur? You are squeezing me" I say, and he lets go of my breast but hugs me tighter to his body.

We walk back to the village and really wanted to ask him about what I had heard from some of the sea men here, so I stop up by the shipwreck. "Is it true what they say about you? That you came from the sea and brought fish when there was a drought?" I say, and he turn around towards me. "I guess I have to show you something" he says and grab my hand before he leads me towards the town hall which I never visited.

The room is empty, but I suddenly spot the drawings on the wall.  The guy in the middle carrying a fish over his head looked an awful a lot like Arthur. He is in the water and there are a people on each side of him surrounding a box. Then I see people under him surrounding a box as well. "Is this you?" I ask pointing at the guy with the fish. He nods, and I then point to the people at his left side. "And who are they?" I ask.  "They are called the amazons" He answers, and I can't believe all this. "Like in Greek mythology?" I ask him and he just nods. I then continue to the people on his other side. "Those are the ordinary mankind"  He says, and I then look at the people underneath him which I only had one conclusion that they were. "Are these Atlanteans?" I ask and look over at him again. He nods, and it felt like my head was exploding from this new information.

"What do that make you?" I ask and turn around looking at him. "Well, my mother was Atlantean and my dad was man living in a lighthouse. They fell in love and then she gave birth to me and left me with him. Then she ended up dying before I knew her" He answers, and I realize that this is a sensitive topic for him. "So that's why you disappear so often? To literally help them get fish?" I say and he just nod. "So that's why you were wet when you came back? You saved my dad?" I say and walk over to him. "Yeah I did" He answers shortly. I put my arms around his neck and look him in the eyes. "Then I am forever grateful for it and I am glad you told me about this" I say, and he wrap his arms around me, I stand on my tip toes and kiss him, and he kisses me back before a woman walks into the room and we break apart,

We get out of there and I smile at him as we walk towards my house. I couldn't believe that Atlantis was real, and Arthur was half Atlantean. I had read so much about it, but I never really believed that it existed.

As we reach the front door I turn around to look at Arthur. "There is something I got to fix, but shall we meet by the shipwreck later tonight?" He says, and I wrap my arms around his neck. "Yes, of course? I'll meet you at 9?" I answer, and he smiles. He is about to lean in when the door abruptly opens, and my dad is in the doorway. We pull away from each other and I throw myself over my dad who was finally home. "Oh, dad you are home" I say, and he wraps his arms around me. "Yes, I am pumpkin. But why do I see you with him when I asked you to stay away?" He says when we break apart. "Dad..." I say before dad interrupt me. "You will stay away from my daughter. Do you hear me?" He says angrily at Arthur and I grab my dads arm. "Dad please" I say, and he turns to me. "You from now on have house arrest. Go to your room!" He yells at me and take one more look at Arthur before he slams the door shut.

I look at Arthur before he walks away, and I don't want to look at my dad anymore. I run upstairs and slam my bedroom door shut. My dad had just chased my best friend away. Why was dad so protective? I turned 21 in two days and most 21-year olds had already moved out of their parent's house, but I didn't want to leave him after what happened to mom.

When the clock is close to 9 my dad knocks at my door. "Pumpkin? Can I come in?" He asks, and I don't answer him. "Okay, well I'm going down to the pub and I'll be back in a few hours" He says, and I hear him walk down the stairs before I hear the front door close.

I ended up pacing my room for a few minutes before I decided to sneak out. This was my life and I wanted to be with Arthur, so dad couldn't make me choose otherwise. I pack my bag with some clothes and grab my bag to put them in. If I would get in even more trouble from this I wouldn't care. It seemed as I wasn't allowed to have friends when I first got one.

I closed the door and locked it behind me before I start to head in the direction of where I was meeting Arthur. When I got there, he wasn't there, and I sat down by a rock to wait, but when I had been sitting there for about a half hour I decided to go to his house. But when I got there the lights were out and there was no one home. I sat down to wait for him, did he really do as my dad said and avoid me?