Chapter 40

The place looked the same as when I left. I wanted to be the bigger person and be there for my dad's wedding. I had called Palina, who was so happy with me calling, and told me the exact day the wedding was going to be held, which was tomorrow.

I thought long and hard these last few weeks about if I really wanted to show up to this wedding. I literally sat looking at plane tickets, going back and forth on the website for hours before I finally bought them. The plan was to arrive and stay at Arthur's place, then attend the ceremony and maybe the reception too if I was up for it tomorrow. I at least had to visit Palina and Victor at the pub while I was here.

The boat stopped at the docks and started tying the boat on the deck before me and some other people coming from Reykjavik stepped off. Walking up from the docks, I went to say hello to Palina and Victor right away since I was passing by them already on the way.

Walking through the door, the familiar environment was surrounding me yet again. It was really weirds being back here so soon. Since there weren't many people seated, that meant that Palina had to be in the kitchen.

I walked through the kitchen doors and heard the radio playing softly. It smelled of fresh fish as Palina was standing by the counter frying it in the pan. She hadn't seen me yet, as she was in her own world making the food.

"Hello" I say, and she looks up and her eyes are wide at seeing me. "Oh Sweetheart! You're back already!" She yells and I smile before she wipes her fingers on her apron and hugs me. "Yeah, it is weird being back already" I reply as she lets me go. "Are you hungry? Do you want me to make you some lunch?" She asks and I shake my head. "No need, I ate at the airport not long ago" I reply and smile at her. "I guess you are going to see him right away?" She asks and I know who she was referring to. "Yeah" I say, and she smiles back at me. "Well, we'll see you tomorrow I guess" she tells me and kiss my cheek before going back to making dishes.

I leave her doing what she does best and walk out the back door. Walking back out to the front I noticed Alex and some other guys were boarding one of the fisher boats. I didn't think more of it and continued my way up to Arthur's cabin. I really hoped he would be here, but I had no such luck.

The door opened at least, and I entered the cabin putting my backpack down onto the chair by the dining table. It seemed pretty abandoned here, but I hoped he would come by soon. I had told Palina to tell him I was coming back if she saw him and had replied to me that she had.

"Well, who do we have here?" I smile and turn around seeing Arthur in the doorway. I ran at him, and he picked me up immediately. Kissing me he carried me further into the building before letting me back down. He walked over and closed the door before coming back to me. He kissed me again and I smiled against his lips. I had missed this, missed him.

I was out of breath staring up into the ceiling next to Arthur. It felt somewhat good being back here even though I hadn't been gone for long. I smiled at myself pulling the duvet over me as it was getting a little chilly.

"So, you did actually decide to come back for your dad's wedding" he says, and I turn my head to look at him. "I had to; he is after all my dad" I reply, and he looks down at me meeting my eyes. He pulls me to him, and I cuddle up to him putting my head on his chest. "Do you want to come with me?" I ask and look back up at him. "Weddings aren't really my thing" He replies, and I sigh.

I respected his answer. We both didn't have to torture ourselves being there tomorrow though I guess that I would suffer through it a little less with Arthur there. I didn't want to force him to come.

I woke up from the alarm I had set on my phone and sat up. Arthur was sleeping next to me, and I smiled before climbing over him and walk into the bathroom to take a shower and get ready. I probably had to meet up a little bit earlier than the others as I was family.

I walked back out after wrapping a towel around my body before moving myself over to my backpack at the chair. It was hard knowing what to wear but ended on a skirt and a sweater since the wind was probably causing hell outside.

The rest of the day was painful to go through, but I survived in the end. I learned that Alex had started working on one of the fisher boats and the boat left yesterday when I arrived. The ceremony were a little sweet though even though it was torture. I thought it was weird of Alex to not be in his mothers wedding, but I was actually kind of grateful too because it meant that I didn't have to deal with him as well.

When I got back to the cabin it was empty which meant that Arthur had probably left again, and I sighed as I was alone again. I hoped he would be back before I left again though I couldn't know for sure. I decided to pick up some of the curricular books and study a little as I didn't want to be behind on school.